The following resources provide information about assistive technology, accessible technology design, and the design of technology spaces.
- Accessible Technology at the University of Washington
Comprehensive guidelines, practices, and processes for making websites, documents, videos, and other IT accessible to people with disabilities.
- Universal Design of Technology in Postsecondary Education
Comprehensive collection of resources for ensuring the procurement, development, and use of technology that is accessible to everyone.
- Access to Technology in the Workplace
Employees with a variety of disabilities describe how they use computers and promote the provision of accessible electronic and information technology in the workplace.
- Information Technology in Education Accessibility Checklist
AccessIT's checklist for assuring technology in schools is accessible to all students
- IT Accessibility: What Campus Leaders Have to Say
University presidents, chief information officers, and other (IT) leaders discuss the importance of and strategies for making IT accessible campus-wide.
- IT Accessibility: What Web Developers Have to Say
Web designers and developers discuss strategies for creating websites that are accessible to all users.
- Digital Accessibility in the Age of COVID-19
Resources and Information about accessibility that has been curated by the American Association of People with Disabilities.
- Resources in the Access Technology Center
A facility at the University of Washington that provides access to adaptive computer technology, consultation on the accessible design of websites and software, and the procurement of accessible technology.
- IT Accessibility Tools
Learn about accessibility checkers and other tools that can assist in the development, procurement, and use of universally designed IT
- Published Articles and Books
Explore a rich literature base of publications that share research and practice regarding the accessible design of IT in postsecondary education, with specific focus under the headers “Universal Design of Technology” and “Universal Design of Online Learning.”
Q&As, Case Studies and Promising Practices
Review technology-related articles from DO-IT’s Knowledge Base.
- Accessible Documents
- Accessible Online Learning
- Accessible Websites
- Accessible Videos
- IT Accessibility Tools and Resources
- Online Meetings
- Universal Design of Computing Departments
- Universal Design of Computer Labs and Checklist
Universal Design Framework
- Universal Design: Principles, Process, and Applications
A guide to implementing universal design.
- Universal Design in Education: An Online Tutorial
Learn about how the UD framework applies to IT by consulting the Overview and UD of IT sections.
- The Center for Universal Design in Education
Comprehensive resources on how UD can be applied to the design of all aspects of education, including technology.
- Universal Design of Web Pages in Class Projects
Options for instructors of web design courses and other instructors who have students create web pages as an activity in their classes to integrate accessibility content within any course.