University Marketing & Communications

Alcohol and beverage service

Information about serving alcohol on campus

There are new rules for serving alcohol on campus. Please read them carefully. In short, these are the steps you need to take:

  1. Once your space is reserved, submit a UUF stating that you will be serving/selling alcohol.
  2. Get permission from the University by filling out the Alcohol Service Request Form.
  3. Once approved, apply for a Banquet Permit from the state, which costs $10 and must be posted at your event.
  4. If you are selling alcohol, you need to take steps 1 and 2, and fill out a Special Occasion License. They recommend doing this 45 DAYS in advance.
  5. If you have a caterer serving or selling alcohol, you need to take steps 1 and 2, but you don’t need a Banquet Permit or Special Occasion License. Instead, you need to provide the Office of Special Programs with a copy of the Caterer’s business license with liquor endorsement.
  6. If alcohol is donated or sponsored, there are new rules put out by the Washington State Liquor Board. You can no longer serve alcohol for free in that circumstance; you must sell it at cost. To do this you must apply for a Special Occasion License and fill out the Alcohol Gift Contribution Form. If you have any questions about this, please contact Special Programs.

For more information see the Campus Policies to serve alcohol.

Bartending Services / Beverage Catering

All American Bar Catering
Bay Laurel Catering – On campus
Espresso Elegance – Coffee cart, non-alcoholic
Pour Girls and Some Guys Liquid Catering – Brochure
Prive Bartending & Events
Pulp Catering – Smoothies, alcohol optional

Buying Alcohol

Below are some options of where to purchase bulk wine & beer for events.
Chateau Ste. Michelle Charitable Non-Profit Wine Form
Pete’s Wine Shop & Market
Wine Outlet – will deliver wine & beer
Wine World Spirits – will deliver wine & beer

Drink Calculator

Bay Laurel Catering Alcohol Options

Bay Laurel now has their own liquor license. Attached please find their alcohol service flyer. Here are the options for serving alcohol at events catered by Bay Laurel.

  1. Hosted bar – Bay Laurel provides and serves alcohol which you, as host, will pay for via a budget number on a per drink basis ($4 per domestic beer, $5 per microbrew, $5.50 per glass of wine, etc.).
  2. No host bar – Guests purchase their own drinks which are provided and served by Bay Laurel ($4.50 per domestic beer, $5.50 per microbrew, $6 per glass of wine, etc.).
  3. Procure your own banquet permit and alcohol which Bay Laurel will serve for a $3.00 per person service fee (500 attendees = $1500 charge) in addition to the cost of staffing the bar and the $1.50 per person charge for barware. This is what they have been doing for events up to now. What is different moving forward, however, is that Bay Laurel can no longer purchase the permit or alcohol on your behalf though they will consult with you on what to purchase.  The alcohol may then be delivered to Bay Laurel for chilling the day before your event. Further, Bay Laurel can no longer take the alcohol back to their site at the end of the event for storage until event staff can pick it up. Should you have any questions, please contact your Bay Laurel Sales Representative.