Intramural Playing Schedules
|Soccer||Schedules can be found here.|
|Softball||Schedules can be found here.|
|Ultimate||Schedules can be found here.|
|Tennis||Schedules can be found here.|
- Schedules will not be emailed or given over the phone to participants.
- All playing schedules will be available online on IMLeagues.com and posted on the bulletin boards located in the hallway on the first floor, opposite the first aid office.
- It is the team captain’s or individual player’s responsibility to check the appropriate bulletin board or on IMLeagues.com for scheduled games, changes, and updated league/playoff standings.
- The Intramural Staff will not be responsible for notifying captains of scheduled changes unless such changes occur within twenty-four (24) hours of a scheduled contest.
- Contests will be scheduled on a home (light colored shirt) and away (dark colored shirt) basis. Please notify your team members each week of their shirt color.
- In the event that it is necessary to postpone scheduled activities, the following procedures will be in effect: (Note: Activities will not automatically be postponed due to inclement weather).
- Team captains may call the Intramural Sports Weather Line if there is uncertainty as to whether games will be played or not. Decisions regarding weather related postponements will be made at 2:30pm, 4pm and 5pm (11:00am on Sunday) on days when game status is questionable.
- When an event postponement occurs, a new tournament or league schedule will be developed and posted on the bulletin board in the hallway on the first floor, opposite the first aid office and on IMLeagues.com.
- It is the responsibility of the team captain or individual participant to check with the Intramural Coordinator to verify the time, date, and location of a rescheduled contest. They should also notify all team members.
- When games are postponed due to field conditions, the fields shall be considered closed until scheduled games resume.
- There is no guarantee that postponed games will be rescheduled. However, the Intramural Staff will reschedule as many games as possible that have been postponed because of inclement weather or poor field conditions.
- A team or individual wishing to reschedule a contest must:
- Contact the Intramural Coordinator in the Programs Office to obtain a list of available reschedule times.
- Contact the opponent. If the opponent is willing to reschedule, a mutually convenient date/time must be agreed upon.
- The team captain must confirm the agreed upon rescheduled time with the Intramural Coordinator over email.
- If the postponement request is approved, the contest must be played at the new date, time, and site. Failure to play at the rescheduled time will result in a loss by forfeit for the team, teams, or individuals involved.
- In activities where officials are provided, teams failing to appear at the playing area with the minimum starting lineup within ten minutes after the scheduled playing time shall forfeit the contest to their opponents. When neither team complies with this requirement, a forfeit shall be recorded for both teams. Minimum starting lineups are indicated in the rules for each activity.
- In activities where officials are not provided, the team or individual present may, after waiting ten minutes past the scheduled game time, claim a win by reporting the forfeit to the Intramural Coordinator.
- Individual or dual tournament contests not completed or the score not reported to the Intramural Coordinator by the scheduled contest deadline will be declared forfeits for both of the individuals or teams involved.
- As a courtesy, teams or individuals who find it necessary to forfeit should notify the Intramural Coordinator as far in advance of the scheduled contest as possible to prevent the other team or individuals and officials from showing up unnecessarily and also to reduce program expense.
- Teams or individuals who have forfeited two scheduled games or contests will be dropped from further competition. No notice will be given and no entry fees will be refunded.
- Teams or individuals must appear at the site of play to claim a forfeit, unless the forfeiture has been declared official by the Intramural Coordinator prior to the scheduled contest.
- Forfeited contests will not be rescheduled.
- If a special problem or conflict arises that will prevent a team/individual from playing a regularly scheduled contest, it is possible to avoid the penalties associated with forfeiting by requesting that the contest be declared a default.
- In order for a contest to be considered a default, the team captain/individual must contact the Intramural Coordinator by 5:00pm the day before the scheduled game.
- A default will count as a loss for the team/individual defaulting and as a win for the opponent.
- A team may default one game in league play. Defaults will not be permitted in playoffs, certain tournaments, or meets. Additional defaults will be considered forfeits.
- One default will not eliminate a team from league play and will be taken into consideration for playoff seeding.