DO-IT Scholars Program
The DO-IT Center, since 1993, has added a small group of high school Sophomores and Juniors to the DO-IT Scholars leadership community of participants and mentors. Link to the following pages for information about the program, eligibility, application process, and participant.
- DO-IT Scholars - information about the comprehensive program
for teens with disabilities.
- Scholars Application - apply to be a DO-IT Scholar.
- Guidelines for DO-IT Scholars and Ambassadors - expectations of participants.
- Assistive Technology used by DO-IT Scholars - technology that promotes independence, productivity, and participation.
- Summer Study - schedules for Phase I and Phase II Scholars and Snapshots, the Summer Study yearbook from 1995 to the present.
- DO-IT Snapshots - following the academic and career paths of the DO-IT Scholars.
- DO-IT Scholar Profiles (2009)
- DO-IT Scholar Profile: Alexandra - a college senior discusses her science major, career goals, and accommodations.
- DO-IT Scholar Profile: Heidi - a college student with Aspergers syndrome discusses starting a disability club and learning communication skills.
- DO-IT Scholar Profile: Mack - a high school senior with cerebral palsy talks about the importance of a positive outlook and how speech recognition software has helped with his schoolwork.
- DO-IT Scholar Profile: Maria - a college freshman with a disability discusses her academic interests, accessible technology, and finding the resources she needed to apply to college.
- DO-IT Scholar Profile: Nathan - a college freshman with a disability talks about his hobbies, academic studies, career goals, and accessible technology.
- DO-IT and AccessSTEM Improve Transitions to STEM Education and Careers - an audio program that interviews Director Sheryl Burgstahler and DO-IT Scholars.
- DO-IT: Helping Students with Disabilities Transition to College and Careers - an article that describes the research-to-practice philosophy behind the DO-IT Scholars program.
- DO-IT: Research to Practice - evidence-based practices and outcome metrics from the DO-IT Center.
- DO-IT Mentors - learn about mentor expectations and the application process.