DO-IT Projects, Programs, Resources
DO-IT hosts programs and projects for precollege and college students with disabilities and for advocates, educators, administrators, and employers.
See how the DO-IT Center develops its programs to increase the success of young people with disabilities in college and careers. View more videos.
- AccessCAREERS - students with disabilities participating in work-based learning opportunities.
- AccessCollege: Systemic Change for Postsecondary Institutions - to provide resources to train postsecondary faculty, staff and administrators as well as implement systemic change strategies for making campuses more inclusive of students with disabilities.
- AccessComputing - an alliance to increase the participation of individuals with disabilities in computing careers.
- AccessComputing Team - high school and college students pursuing computing fields may apply to be a part of this team and participate in special events, mentoring, and internships.
- AccessDesign - to encourage students with disabilities to pursue architecture and other design fields.
- AccessDL - a center for promoting the accessibility of distance learning courses.
- AccessIT - a national center to increase the use of accessible information technology in educational institutions at all levels.
- AccesssSTEM - a comprehensive alliance helping to increase the participation of people with disabilities in STEM careers.
- AccesssSTEM Team - high school and college students pursuing STEM fields can apply to be part of this team and participate in special events, mentoring, and internships.
- DO-IT 2-4 - students with disabilities transitioning from a two-year to a four-year postsecondary institution.
- DO-IT Admin - helping campus student service organizations (admissions, advising, computer labs, libraries, career services, etc.) welcome and support students with disabilities.
- DO-IT Ambassadors - when DO-IT Scholars graduate from high school and move on to postsecondary studies they become DO-IT Ambassadors and share their experiences and advice with DO-IT Scholars and otherwise promote DO-IT goals.
- DO-IT Campers - Internet training and college/career preparation have been sponsored by DO-IT at summer camps for teens with disabilities.
- DO-IT Disability Mentoring Day - mentoring activities for students with disabilities that promote career success.
- DO-IT Mentors and Volunteers - adult mentors, many with disabilities themselves, supporting the DO-IT Scholars, Ambassadors, Pals, and Campers.
- DO-IT Pals - an electronic community of students with disabilities and mentors.
- DO-IT Prof - helping postsecondary faculty and academic administrators fully include students with disabilities in courses.
- DO-IT Scholars - high school students with disabilities preparing for college and careers.
- DO-IT Show 'n Tell - college students with disabilities demonstrating technology, information access and independent living skills to first grade students.
- RDE Collaborative Dissemination - a collection of resources from Research in Disabilities Education projects of the National Science Foundation.