The AccessINCLUDES Conference Project
The AccessINCLUDES Conference Project, funded by the National Science Foundation (NSF), created resources and engaged with INCLUDES project leaders and staff, accessibility/UD experts, and individuals with disabilities to explore how to make research, activities, and resources in the INCLUDES Network welcoming to, accessible to, and usable by all potential project participants, including those with disabilities. It hosted a two-day conference in 2019 to congregate stakeholders and focus on resource building and information sharing, as well as building a community within the INCLUDES National Network around disability.
The AccessINCLUDES Conference Project builds community between the NSF INCLUDES Network and other NSF disability-focused projects and their network organizations in order to make the INCLUDES Network better prepared to
- address disability-related issues in their research (e.g., design interventions to be accessible; recruit, support, and report outcomes for participants with disabilities);
- make meetings, trainings, courses, and other project activities welcoming and accessible to individuals with disabilities;
- design project resources and products to be accessible to individuals with disabilities; and
- develop durable, new collaborations between multiple stakeholders and organizations that lead to future innovative projects and resources that are inclusive of individuals with disabilities.
- Join our Community of Practice (CoP)
Broadening Participation CoP members share common interests and help each other improve practices surrounding inclusion, accessibility, and people with disabilities.
- Read AccessCyberlearning 2.0: Examining Equity Practices for Inclusive Stakeholder Engagement
How can we use collaborative elements and equitable practices to ensure an inclusive stakeholder engagement process in conducting a research effort to benefit individuals with disabilities?
- Learn How to Universally Design your INCLUDES Project
This publication offers a checklist for how your project can provide equal access to students with disabilities.
- Learn More About Our Other Related Projects
DO-IT engages in four projects that connect with the NSF Eddie Bernice Johnson INCLUDES Network: The AccessINCLUDES Conference Project, The NSF INCLUDES TAPDINTO-STEM Alliance, The Alliance for Identity-Inclusive Computing Education (AiiCE), and ERC-INCLUDES.