The goal of ERC-INCLUDES responds to NSF’s call to create opportunities among currently funded NSF projects to build a collaborative infrastructure for broadening participation in NSF-funded research and practice. The project fosters collaborations between the engineering research centers (ERCs) and NSF INCLUDES National Network. Goals of ERC-INCLUDES are as follows:
- Integrate evidence-based broadening participation practices of INCLUDES into the ERCs.
- Share ERC diversity activities and outcomes to inform research/practice of INCLUDES projects.
- Build a durable collaborative infrastructure for broadening participation in NSF-funded research through the engagement of ERCs with the NSF INCLUDES National Network.
To reach these objectives, participants from ERCs and INCLUDES projects exchange expertise and experiences with each other, collect/develop relevant resources, and create action plans together.
- Join Our Community of Practice (CoP)
Engage in online discussions related to ERCs, INCLUDES projects, and other stakeholders interested in the objectives above.
- Learn about the ERC-INCLUDES Conference
ERC-INCLUDES hosted a national capacity building institute in April 2019, where representatives from ERCs and INCLUDES projects promoted best practices for engaging women, racial and ethnic minorities, first generation college students, individuals with disabilities, and other groups underrepresented in STEM education.
- Learn More About Other Projects in the AccessINCLUDES Initiative
DO-IT engages in four projects that connect with the NSF INCLUDES Network: The AccessINCLUDES Conference Project, The NSF INCLUDES TAPDINTO-STEM Alliance, The Alliance for Identity-Inclusive Computing Education (AiiCE), and ERC-INCLUDES.