Recreational Sports Programs
Eligibility for Membership Purchase
- Full-time faculty and staff
- Part-time faculty and staff who work an average of at least 16 hours per week
- Retired faculty and staff
- Visiting scholars (Contact Academic Human Resources for information about being a visiting scholar)
- On leave graduate students (Contact UW Graduate School for information about getting on leave status)
- IMA members may purchase a Spouse/Registered Domestic Partner Membership (S/DP). The membership permits independent access/use (the primary member is not required to be present) of the IMA during all hours of operation. The primary member (employee) must be present and a Marriage Certificate or Certificate of Registration (for domestic partner) presented at the time of membership purchase. Photo ID is required at the time of the initial purchase.
- Limited Access (Mon-Fri from 6:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. only) memberships are available to UW Bothell and UW Tacoma students (see guest policy).
- Faculty/Staff Annual $220 + sales tax (valid for one year from date of purchase)
- Faculty/Staff Quarter $66 + sales tax
- Visiting Scholar/On Leave Graduate Student Quarter $66 + sales tax
- Faculty/Staff/On Leave Graduate Student/Visiting Scholar Single Use $5.50 + sales tax
- Faculty/Staff/On Leave Graduate Student/Visiting Scholar Multi-Visit (5) Pass $27.50 + sales tax
- Spouse/Registered Domestic Partner Annual $275, Quarter $77 + sales tax
How to Purchase
- Bring your UW Husky Card (UW employee ID card) to the IMA Member Services Desk, in the lobby of the IMA, during building hours. Your UW Husky Card then becomes your IMA membership card. Part time employees without a Husky Card and spouses/registered domestic partner members will receive an IMA Membership Card.
- We accept cash, check, or VISA/MasterCard/Discover Card.
- Payroll deduction is available for purchase of a faculty/staff or spouse/registered domestic partner annual membership only (if the faculty/staff member is employed 50% FTE or more).
- IMA Membership Gift Certificates are available for purchase, contact the Member Services Desk for more information (206) 543-4590.
Spouse/Registered Domestic Partner Memberships
A Spouse/Registered Domestic Partner Membership (S/DP) allows independent access/use (the primary member is not required to be present) of the IMA during all hours of operation. A Marriage Certificate or Certificate of Registration (for domestic partner) is required at the time the membership is purchased.
Faculty/Staff: Current faculty/staff, retired faculty/staff, and visiting scholars who have purchased a quarter or annual IMA membership are eligible to purchase a S/DP membership. Purchase of a quarter membership allows the member to purchase only a quarter S/DP membership. Purchase of an annual membership allows the member to purchase either a quarter or annual S/DP membership.
Fee: Annual $275 + sales tax | Quarter $77 + sales tax
Use Privileges for S/DP Members
- Guest Sponsorship (additional fee)
- Use of Indoor Climbing Center (additional fee)
- Personal Training Services (additional fee)
- Equipment Issue (Basket issue not available)
- Club Sports Membership (additional fee)
- Participation in Intramural Sports (additional fee)
- Enrollment in Sports & Fitness Classes (additional fee)