Eligibility for Membership Purchase
- Full-time faculty and staff
- Part-time faculty and staff who work an average of at least 16 hours per week
- Retired faculty and staff
- Visiting scholars (Contact Academic Human Resources for information about being a visiting scholar)
- On leave graduate students (Contact UW Graduate School for information about getting on leave status)
- UW Bothell and UW Tacoma students are considered members and as such are permitted to sponsor guests, enroll in sports & fitness classes, join club sports programs, participate in intramurals, obtain a basket for storage of personal belongings and other regular member privileges.
- IMA members may purchase a Spouse/Registered Domestic Partner Membership (S/DP). The membership permits independent access/use (the primary member is not required to be present) of the IMA during all hours of operation. The primary member (employee) must be present and a Marriage Certificate or Certificate of Registration (for domestic partner) presented at the time of membership purchase. Photo ID is required at the time of the initial purchase.
- Faculty/Staff Annual $265.23* (valid for one year from date of purchase)
- Faculty/Staff Quarter $79.57*
- Visiting Scholar/On Leave Graduate Student Quarter $79.57*
- Faculty/Staff/On Leave Graduate Student/Visiting Scholar Single Use $6.75*
- Faculty/Staff/On Leave Graduate Student/Visiting Scholar Multi-Visit (5) Pass $33.75*
- Spouse/Registered Domestic Partner Annual $331.54*, Quarter $92.83*
- UW Bothell/Tacoma Students Quarter $58.00*
How to Purchase
- Bring your UW Husky Card to the IMA Member Services Desk, in the lobby of the IMA, during building hours. Your UW Husky Card then becomes your IMA membership card. Part time employees without a Husky Card and spouses/registered domestic partner members will receive an IMA Membership Card.
- We accept cash, check, or VISA/MasterCard/Discover Card.
- Reoccurring bimonthly payroll deduction is available for purchase of a faculty/staff annual membership OR faculty/staff and spouse/registered domestic partner annual membership (for qualifying faculty/staff). Please inquire at the IMA Member Services Desk for bimonthly rates.
- One-time payroll deduction is available for purchase of a faculty/staff annual or quarter membership AND/OR spouse/registered domestic partner annual or quarter membership.
- IMA Membership Gift Certificates are available for purchase, contact the Member Services Desk for more information (206) 543-4590.
Spouse/Registered Domestic Partner Memberships
A Spouse/Registered Domestic Partner Membership (S/DP) allows independent access/use (the primary member is not required to be present) of the IMA during all hours of operation. A Marriage Certificate or Certificate of Registration (for domestic partner) and photo ID is required at the time the initial membership is purchased. The primary member must be present to renew a S/DP membership.
Current faculty/staff, retired faculty/staff, and visiting scholars who have purchased a quarter or annual IMA membership are eligible to purchase a S/DP membership. Purchase of a quarter membership allows the member to purchase only a quarter S/DP membership. Purchase of an annual membership allows the member to purchase either a quarter or annual S/DP membership.
Fee: Annual $331.54* | Quarter $92.83*
Use Privileges for S/DP Members
- Guest Sponsorship (additional fee)
- Use of Indoor Climbing Center (additional fee)
- Personal Training Services (additional fee)
- Equipment Issue (Basket issue not available)
- Club Sports Membership (additional fee)
- Participation in Intramural Sports (additional fee)
- Enrollment in Sports & Fitness Classes (additional fee)
*Prices include sales tax where applicable.