Eligibility for Membership Purchase
- Full-time faculty and staff
- Part-time faculty and staff who work an average of at least 16 hours per week
- Retired faculty and staff
- Visiting scholars (Contact Academic Human Resources for information about being a visiting scholar)
- On leave graduate students (Contact UW Graduate School for information about getting on leave status)
- IMA members may purchase a Spouse/Registered Domestic Partner Membership (S/DP). The membership permits independent access/use (the primary member is not required to be present) of the IMA during all hours of operation. The primary member (employee) must be present and a Marriage Certificate or Certificate of Registration (for domestic partner) presented at the time of membership purchase. Photo ID is required at the time of the initial purchase.
- Limited Access (Mon-Fri from 6:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. only) memberships are available to UW Bothell and UW Tacoma students (see guest policy).
- Faculty/Staff Annual $220 + sales tax (valid for one year from date of purchase)
- Faculty/Staff Quarter $66 + sales tax
- Visiting Scholar/On Leave Graduate Student Quarter $66 + sales tax
- Faculty/Staff/On Leave Graduate Student/Visiting Scholar Single Use $5.50 + sales tax
- Spouse/Registered Domestic Partner Annual $275, Quarter $77 + sales tax
How to Purchase
- Bring your UW Husky Card (UW employee ID card) to the IMA Member Services Desk. Your UW Husky Card then becomes your IMA membership card. Part time employees without a Husky Card and spouses/registered domestic partner members will receive an IMA Membership Card.
- We accept cash, check, or VISA/MasterCard/Discover Card.
- Payroll deduction is available for purchase of a faculty/staff annual membership only (if employed 50% FTE or more).
- IMA Membership Gift Certificates are available for purchase, contact the Member Services Desk for more information (206) 543-4590.
Spouse/Registered Domestic Partner Memberships
A Spouse/Registered Domestic Partner Membership (S/DP) allows independent access/use (the primary member is not required to be present) of the IMA during all hours of operation. A Marriage Certificate or Certificate of Registration (for domestic partner) is required at the time the membership is purchased.
Faculty/Staff: Current faculty/staff, retired faculty/staff, and visiting scholars who have purchased a quarter or annual IMA membership are eligible to purchase a S/DP membership. Purchase of a quarter membership allows the member to purchase only a quarter S/DP membership. Purchase of an annual membership allows the member to purchase either a quarter or annual S/DP membership.
Fee: Annual $275 + sales tax | Quarter $77 + sales tax
Use Privileges for S/DP Members
- Guest Sponsorship
- Use of Indoor Climbing Center (additional fee)
- Personal Training Services (additional fee)
- Equipment Issue (Basket issue not available)
- Club Sports Membership (additional fee)
- Participation in Intramural Sports (additional fee)
- Enrollment in Sports & Fitness Classes (additional fee)