Recreational Sports Programs
Welcome to the IMA!
Winter quarter fitness class registration begins online on December 29. The first week of classes begin January 20. Check online for available classes beginning December 22.
Winter quarter intramural registration begins online on December 29. The first week of intramurals begin January 12. Check online for available sports beginning December 22.
Climbing classes are offered each month. Check availability and sign up online.
The IMA was re-certified and achieved a silver-level UW Green Office Certification. Check out the new recycling and composting bins in the IMA Building that helped us improve to silver!
November 26, 2014
Online registration available for our fitness and sport classes and for intramurals! Winter quarter registration begins on Monday, December 29th and the website will be updated with winter quarter class and intramural information on Monday, December 22nd. The first deadline to sign up for many intramurals is Wednesday, January 7th. Fitness and sports classes begin the week of January 19th. Sign up early to secure a spot.
Spouses and Domestic Partners need to contact the IMA Programs Office, 206-543-2571, for details on online registration or register in person/fax in/mail in.
November 24, 2014
The IMA is open holiday hours during the winter break. Check the hours carefully as they are different than normal operating hours.
- Saturday, December 13 - Tuesday, December 23 - 11:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 24 - 6:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- Thursday, December 25 - Closed
- Friday, December 26 - Wednesday, December 31 - 11:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, January 1 - Closed
- Friday, January 2 - Saturday, January 3 - 11:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- Sunday, January 4 - resume normal hours - 11:00 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.
*The IMA Administration and Programs Offices are closed on Thursday, December 25 & Thursday, January 1.
September 8, 2014
Starting October 1, 2014 Faculty and Staff Annual Members can renew their membership online.
Starting December 1, 2014, online membership renewal for Faculty and Staff Quarter Members will be available online. Online renewals for Winter Quarter Memberships must be purchased by January 9, 2015.
September 5, 2014
**Men's & Women's Basketball - Home games will affect traffic and parking in the area during the months of November, December, January, February, and March. Check the schedule links before for specific dates and times.**
**New detour routes in effect along the Burke-Gilman Trail due to light rail construction. See the maps for alternate routes.**
Parking can be a bit challenging at the IMA during home sporting events. Check back for game dates/times and parking details. Obey all posted signs as Parking Services will tow unauthorized vehicles.
September 3, 2014
We have added 8 new treadmills to the main cardio fitness room on the second floor (located along the south side of the room). There are 4 LifeFitness and 4 Precor pieces—the latest state-of-the-art models of each. These treadmills are more energy efficient and offer more shock absorbing decks than the older models that were replaced. Additional features include (some offered only on the pieces located away from the windows):
- Personal online work-out tracking (LifeFitness—LF Connect; Precor—Previa)
- iPod/iPhone compatible (Android also on LifeFitness)
- Compatible with various mobile apps
- LF Lifescape—allows user an experience through immersive outdoor adventures, run or hike in destinations all over the world (similar features are also available in Matrix treadmills & climbmills and LifeFitness bikes)
We hope you enjoy these new additions to the IMA cardio fitness equipment line.