Welcome to the IMA!
Winter quarter fitness class registration begins online on December 28. The first week of classes begin January 19. Check online for available classes beginning December 21.
Winter quarter intramural registration begins online on December 28. The first week of intramurals begin Janaury 11. Check online for available sports beginning December 21.
Climbing classes are offered each month. Check availability and sign up online.
The IMA has achieved a silver-level UW Green Office Certification. We are always looking for ways to improve sustainability throughout the building!
February 6, 2016
The Rec Sports staff is cooperating with UW police on the incidents mentioned in the UWPD notice below. Please be aware of those around you and report any suspicious or inappropriate behavior immediately. We take these incidents very seriously and strive to provide a safe and comfortable environment for all.
-Rec Sports Staff
Notification of Criminal Incident - Seattle Campus
February 5, 2016
The University of Washington Police Department is investigating multiple incidents in which the same male suspect is alleged to have fondled women at the Intramural Activities
Building (IMA). In each case a woman was groped in a public area in the building. Two incidents occurred on Jan. 31, 2016, between 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. One incident occurred on Feb. 3,
2016, at 4 p.m. An additional incident may have occurred that day, as well. In each of these incidents the suspect is described as a white man, approximately 18 to 22 years old;
5'9" to 5'11"; short, light blond or light brown hair; and a slim-to-average build. On the dates the incidents occurred the man wore a dark gray T-shirt. On one occasion, the
suspect was also wearing knee-length black basketball shorts. If you see this individual or observe other suspicious activities or persons, call 911. If you were a witness to any of
the described incidents, please call the University of Washington Police Department at (206) 685-8973.
Crime Prevention Tips for Similar Incidents:
* Call 911 immediately in an emergency.
* Avoid confrontations whenever possible.
* Remove yourself from potentially dangerous situations as soon as possible.
* Be cognizant of your surroundings at all times.
* On campus, call Husky NightWalk: 206-685-WALK (9255) for a security guard escort to various locations on campus, 7 days a week.
If you suspect criminal activity, some helpful information to pass on to the police:
* Clothing descriptors - look for layers under the visible layer, other distinctive design identifiers, etc.
* Physical characteristics - height, weight, eyes, hair, mannerisms, scars/tattoos.
* Direction of travel (by foot or automobile).
Contact the University of Washington Police Community Outreach Unit at (206) 616-0873 for additional crime prevention information.
February 1, 2016
Here are all of the events happening this week which will require the use of the E18 parking lot:
Event Name Event Date Event Location Staffing Start Time Staffing End Time Men's Basketball 2015 - 2016 Feb 3 at 8:00 PM Hec Ed 2:30 Hours before Event Start 1:00 Hours after Event Start Men's Basketball 2015 - 2016 Feb 6 at 1:30 PM Hec Ed 2:30 Hours before Event Start 1:00 Hours after Event Start Women's Basketball 2015 - 2016 Feb 5 at 6:00 PM Hec Ed 2:30 Hours before Event Start 1:00 Hours after Event Start Women's Basketball 2015 - 2016 Feb 7 at 12:00 PM Hec Ed 2:30 Hours before Event Start 1:00 Hours after Event Start
Here are all of the events happening this week which will require the use of the IMA parking lot:
Event Name Event Date Event Location Staffing Start Time Staffing End Time Men's Basketball 2015 - 2016 Feb 3 at 8:00 PM Hec Ed 2:30 Hours before Event Start 1:00 Hours after Event Start Men's Basketball 2015 - 2016 Feb 6 at 1:30 PM Hec Ed 2:30 Hours before Event Start 1:00 Hours after Event Start
Please relay the following information to your customers when applicable:
- For Men's Basketball games the entire lot will be reserved for TYEE permit holders and for other events only the southern half of the lot will be reserved.
- If the IMA Lot is full / closed we suggest that IMA customers park in the Padelford Garage on main campus.
- Monday - Friday after 5:00 PM parking in the Padelford Parking Garage (lots N-18 - N-21) is $5, before 5:00 PM it is $3 per hour.
- Other Parking Options
- E-8 Pay by Space stalls behind the IMA ($3 per hour)
- E-19 Pay & Display machines ($3 per hour)
- Regardless of the event, IMA customers with disabilities or special needs are still welcome to park in the IMA/Graves (E-98) lot and pay at the machine as they normally would.
- Signage will be posted at the IMA Lot several days before the event occurs warning customers of the upcoming closure.
- Vehicles which have not vacated the IMA lot by the posted times will receive a parking citation and/or be towed and impounded at the owners expense.
- If Wahkiakum Rd. is closed IMA patrons may reach E-8 Pay by Space stalls by entering E-12 and then driving around the stadium and other sporting complexes.
Please see the Map for directions.
- Men's Basketball full schedule and map.
- Women's Basketball full schedule and map.
Any parking related questions please contact Transportation Services at 206-685-1553.
Parking can be a bit challenging at the IMA during home sporting events. Check back regularly for game dates/times and parking details. Obey all posted signs as Parking Services will tow and/or ticket unauthorized vehicles.
December 21, 2015
Online registration available for our fitness and sport classes and for intramurals! Winter quarter registration begins on Monday, December 28th at 9 am and the website will be updated with winter quarter class and intramural information on Monday, December 21st. The first deadline to sign up for most intramurals is Wednesday, January 6th. Fitness and sports classes begin the week of January 19th. Sign up early to secure a spot.
Spouses and Domestic Partners need to contact the IMA Programs Office, 206-543-2571, for details on online registration or register in person/fax in/mail in.
Check for drop-in class offerings if you missed signing up for a full quarterly class.
December 6, 2015
For speed of service and customer convenience, Dawg Bites is going cashless starting December 31, 2015. We will still accept the UW Dining Account, Husky Card Account, Visa and MasterCard.
All questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
October 25, 2015
Faculty and Staff Annual Members and Quarter Members may renew their membership online. Online renewals for Winter Quarter Memberships begin November 30, 2015 and must be purchased by January 8, 2016.
Crags Climbing Center Memberships may also be purchased or renewed online.