Recreational Sports Programs
Welcome to the IMA!
Fall quarter fitness class registration begins online on September 28. The first week of classes begin October 12. Check online for available classes beginning September 21.
Fall quarter intramural registration begins online on September 28. The first week of intramurals begin October 11. Check online for available sports beginning September 21.
Climbing classes are offered each month. Check availability and sign up online.
The IMA was re-certified and achieved a silver-level UW Green Office Certification. Check out the new recycling and composting bins in the IMA Building that helped us improve to silver!
September 28, 2015
Online registration available for our fitness and sport classes and for intramurals! Fall quarter registration begins on Monday, September 28th at 9 am and the website will be updated with fall quarter class and intramural information on Monday, September 21st. The first deadline to sign up for most intramurals is Wednesday, October 7th. Fitness and sports classes begin the week of October 12th. Sign up early to secure a spot.
Spouses and Domestic Partners need to contact the IMA Programs Office, 206-543-2571, for details on online registration or register in person/fax in/mail in.
September 27, 2015
Here are all of the events happening this week which will require the use of the E1 parking lot:
Event Name Event Date Event Location Lot Closure Start Time Lot Closure End Time UW Volleyball Wed Oct 14 at 7:30 PM AA Arena at Hec Ed 2:30 Hours before Event Start 1:00 Hours after Event Start UW Volleyball Fri Oct 16 at 10:00 PM AA Arena at Hec Ed 2:30 Hours before Event Start 1:00 Hours after Event Start Men's Soccer Sun Oct 18 at 7:00 PM Soccer Field 2:30 Hours before Event Start 1:00 Hours after Event Start Women's Soccer Thu Oct 15 at 7:00 PM Soccer Field 2:30 Hours before Event Start 1:00 Hours after Event Start
Here are all of the events happening this week which will require the use of the IMA parking lot:
Event Name Event Date Event Location Staffing Start Time Staffing End Time UW Volleyball Wed Oct 14 at 7:30 PM AA Arena at Hec Ed 2:30 Hours before Event Start 1:00 Hours after Event Start UW Volleyball Fri Oct 16 at 10:00 PM AA Arena at Hec Ed 2:30 Hours before Event Start 1:00 Hours after Event Start
If the IMA Lot is full/closed IMA Customers may use the following parking options:
- E-8 Pay by Space stalls behind the IMA ($3 per hour)
- E-12 Pay & Display machine ($3 per hour)
- E-1 ($10 with cash only)
- Any main campus parking lot ($3 per hour before 5 PM, $5 all day after 5 PM.
- Regardless of the event, IMA customers with disabilities or special needs are still welcome to park in the IMA/Graves (E-98) lot and pay at the machine as they normally would.
- After 5:00 PM on Monday - Friday parking is $5 on main campus and we recommend that IMA customers purchase parking from a gatehouse and park in the Padelford Parking Garage (lots N-18 - N-21).
- Signage will be posted every monday at every entrance to the E1 lot detailing all of the events occuring that week.
- Signage will be posted at the IMA Lot several days before the event occurs warning customers of the upcoming closure.
- Vehicles which have not vacated the IMA lot by the posted times will receive a parking citation and/or be towed and impounded at the owners expense.
Any parking related questions please contact Transportation Services at 206-685-1553.
Parking can be a bit challenging at the IMA during home sporting events. Check back for game dates/times and parking details. Obey all posted signs as Parking Services will tow and/or ticket unauthorized vehicles.
September 25, 2015
Faculty and Staff Annual Members and Quarter Members may renew their membership online. Online renewals for Fall Quarter Memberships begin August 31, 2015 and must be purchased by October 2, 2015.
Crags Climbing Center Memberships may also be purchased or renewed online.
August 10, 2015
Please be advised that effective September 1, 2015, IMA membership fees and single use fees will increase.
As a note of reference, membership fees have not been increased since July 2011.
We remain committed to providing the best service possible and appreciate your continuing interest in remaining healthy through regular exercise and fitness activities.