Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Education Resources
Accommodating Students with Disabilities
- MESA Curriculum Supplement - accommodations for students with disabilities in classes using MESA integrated science and mathematics materials.
- Equal Access: Science and Students with Sensory Impairments - designing science education to maximize the learning of all students (video and publication).
- Major Science Equipment Manufacturers - lists dozens of links to science equipment manufacturers.
- Making Science Labs Accessible to Students with Disabilities - designing science labs so that all students can fully participate.
- The Winning Equation: Access + Attitude = Success in Math and Science - strategies for fully including students with disabilities in science and math activities.
- Working Together: Science Teachers and Students with Disabilities - legal issues, accommodation strategies, and resources that can be tailored to a specific institution by adding a campus resource list.
- doitsem - A discussion list that promotes the successful participation of individuals with disabilities in challenging academic programs and careers, including those in business, technology, science, engineering, and mathematics,(SEM).
Programs and Projects
- Exceptional Nurse - nursing careers/studies, access issues, and information on mentors for people with disabilities.
- Research in Disabilities Education Collaborative Dissemination - resources from disability-related projects funded by the National Science Foundation.
Science Lessons and Activities
- Access Excellence - the National Health Museum's site for Health and Bioscience teachers and learners.
- CELLS alive! - video and graphics, including interactive elements, demonstrating various concepts of cellular structure and activity.
- DO-It Internet Lessons for Students - Internet sites of interest to teens with disabilities.
- Facilitating Accessibility Reviews of Informal Science Education Facilities and Programs - how to host your own accessibility review competition.
- NASA National Aeronautics and Space Administration - news, events, information and activities for students and educators about space and the US space program.
- Newton's Apple - public TV's family science show site with science activities and resources for school and home.
- Professor Stephen W. Hawking's Web page - all about about Dr. Hawking's life, lectures, and writings.
- Science Learning Network -a collaboration of science museum exhibits, activities, links to cool sites, and news.
- Science Magazine - homepage of the American Association for the Advancement of Science magazine.
- YAHOO! Science links - an extraordinary list of science-related links.