Universal Design of Instruction in Elementary and Secondary Education
These resources include information on the application of universal design to instruction, including to curriculum and assessment.
- Universal Design of Instruction: Definition, Principles, and Examples
Universal design principles applied to curriculum, educational technology, teaching strategies, and classroom activities.
- Equal Access: Universal Design of Instruction
A checklist to maximize the learning of all students.
- Curriculum Access in the Digital Age
How new technology-based strategies offer hope that students of all abilities will have the opportunity to thrive in school.
- Assistive Technology, Universal Design, Universal Design for Learning: Improved Learning Opportunities
Technology-enhanced learning that is accessible to all students.
- A Curriculum Every Student Can Use: Design Principles for Student Access
The design of instructional materials and methods that makes learning goals achievable.
- Curriculum Access and Universal Design for Learning
Overview of definition, applications, and resources related to the universal design for learning.
- Universal Design in Action
How technology tools can be designed so that they are accessible to all students.
- Universal Design for Learning: Meeting the Needs of All Students
How to apply universal design to maximize the learning of all students.
- Universal Design for Learning: Reaching All, Teaching All
Applying universal design to learning environments.
- Differentiated Instruction and Implications for UDL Implementation
Definitions of differentiated instruction and Universal Design for Learning, a sampling of considerations and curriculum applications, and research evidence for effectiveness.
- Universal Design of Distance Learning
A collection of resources for making distance learning courses accessible to all students and instructors.
- Universal Design as a Topic of Instruction
Ideas for building universal design into a curriculum.
- Universal Design of Assessment
How universal design can be applied to assessment instruments and procedures.