AccessADVANCE Community of Practice
AccessADVANCE staff and participants engage in an online Community of Practice (CoP) that discussions and activities that promote an intersectional approach for increasing the participation and advancement of STEM faculty with disabilities from underrepresented backgrounds, particularly women and other underrepresented communities.
- plan, attend, and recruit others to attend project training and capacity-building opportunities;
- ensure women with disabilities are invited to events that promote their pursuit of and support in academic STEM career positions;
- share strategies for making departments more welcoming and accessible to women with disabilities;
- discuss ways to build productive relationships with disability service offices that serve faculty;
- recruit women faculty and senior graduate students with disabilities to the e-mentoring community; and
- assist in the creation and dissemination of resources to encourage others to support women and other underrepresented groups with disabilities.
You and your colleagues can join AccessADVANCE CoP by sending the following information to email@example.com:
Position/ Job Title