AccessADVANCE Community of Practice
AccessADVANCE staff and participants engage in an online Community of Practice (CoP) that includes key stakeholder groups that impact the success of women with disabilities in academic STEM careers to share ideas and assist in the creation and dissemination of resources to encourage others to support women with disabilities.
- plan, attend, and recruit others to attend project training and capacity-building opportunities;
- ensure women with disabilities are invited to events that promote their pursuit of and support in academic STEM career positions;
- share strategies for making departments more welcoming and accessible to women with disabilities;
- discuss ways to build productive relationships with disability service offices that serve faculty;
- recruit women faculty and senior graduate students with disabilities to the e-mentoring community; and
- share resources.
You and your colleagues can join AccessADVANCE CoP by sending the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Position/ Job Title