DO-IT’s AccessComputing project serves to increase the participation of people with disabilities in computing academic programs and careers. It is with great pleasure that I share some recent accomplishments of project leaders, partners, and collaborators.
- AccessComputing and AccessCSforAll PI Richard Ladner received the Public Service Award from the National Science Board. A very prestigious award, this has previously been presented Jane Goodall and Bill Nye.
- Long time colleague, Rob Parke, who is a senior lecturer at the University of Southern California, was profiled as part of People of the Association for Computing Machinery.
- Another long-time colleague Jeanine Cook from Sandia National Lab received the Richard A. Tapia Achievement Award for Scientific Scholarship, Civic Science, and Diversifying Computing.
- AccessComputing Partner Jonathan Lazar received the Special Interest Group on Accessible Computing (SIGACCESS) Award for Outstanding Contributions to Computing and Accessibility.
- AccessComputing Partner Ayanna Howard was named the next Dean of the College of Engineering at the Ohio State University.
Congratulations to you all for your great achievements!