2020 DO-IT Summer Study Schedule
Thanks for making Summer Study 2020 a success!
2020 provided the first year of hosting Summer Study completely virtual. With all sessions held online, we are excited to learn and improve how we can offer this program in a new format. The following guidelines will help you move through the Summer Study program and gain the maximum benefit from the activities. This schedule lets you know what is planned, when to be ready and where to meet!
- Plan ahead for rest, personal care, and other needs so you can arrive promptly and participate in all activities. If you require a schedule change, request approval from a DO-IT staff member.
- Show your appreciation for the people who are contributing their time and talents to this program by keeping an open and respectful attitude.
- Practice self-advocacy! If you require special disability-related accommodations in order to participate, request them from the presenter or a DO-IT staff member.
- Complete assigned individual/group projects. Use time available during breaks and within breakout rooms to complete newsletter articles and other assignments.
- Be sure to (1) name yourself appropriately before joining a Zoom session, (2) check Canvas before sessions for any important information, (3) check your email for surveys and forms, such as for snack boxes and, (4) look on Canvas for any extra sessions held during social hours in the evenings or on weekends.
- On Canvas, look for the following major areas of focus for each activity:
- Academic/College Preparation: Planning for college, securing accommodations, and exploring different fields of study.
- Career Preparation: Exploring new and exciting career fields, and participating in work-based learning.
- High-Tech Skills: Developing technology skills, learning about assistive technology, and designing a website.
If you have suggestions for additional activities to add to the schedule, share your ideas with any DO-IT staff member.