Role Models, Peers, and Mentors
You can find role models with disabilities at the following websites:
- Taking Charge: Stories of Success and Self-Determination - take advice for success from DO-IT participants.
- Success Stories - people with disabilities share experiences and careers.
- DO-IT Pals - an electronic community of teens with disabilities planning for college and careers.
- Role Models - find some role models with disabilities.
- Famous People - learn about the disabilities of famous people.
- DO-IT Snapshots - send email to the DO-IT Scholars, successful teens and young adults with disabilities.
- Independence, Inc., Famous People with Disabilities - learn about the disabilities of famous people.
- CeDIR's Famous People with Disabilities - read about the lives of famous people with disabilities
- Open Futures, Role Models For Youth With Disabilities - learn about people with disabilities who followed their dreams.
- Succeeding in College and at Work: Students with Disabilities Tell Their Stories - a video collection supported from the New England ADA Center.
- Family Village Famous People with Disabilities - read about famous people who have disabilities.
- DO-IT Mentors - learn about e-mentoring in the DO-IT program.