This line item is used for any expense not covered by the other codes in the budget.
Use the setup window for Unallocated Funds to add a new line item for unallocated budget. Enter a description for the default sub-object code 38-00.
Note: If you enabled Targets & Limits and are establishing Unallocated Funds as an Auto-Adjusting line, you will see additional fields.
- Period Minimum: Defines the minimum allowable sum for this budget line item.
- Period Maximum: Defines the maximum allowable sum for this budget line item.
- Priority: Defines the order in which funds will be allocated across line items based on your budget target, with funds going to Priority 1 items first.
On the worksheet, a TL icon, in place of the Delete Line button, identifies these line items.
When you have finished the setup, selecting Update Period will display the Update Periods modal. The Amount field is defaults to the value of zero (0).
The value entered in the setup step for the Description is displayed here for reference.
The name of the period and its date range will display at the top of the period column.
Enter the amount for this line item for the appropriate period(s). The totals will recalculate when you click the Save icon.
At this point you do either of the following:
- Select Save and Return to Worksheet to save your data, close the Update Periods modal and return to the worksheet.
- Select Line Setup link to save your data and return to the Line Setup modal where you can edit any of the values, as needed.