University Marketing & Communications

Police and EMT

UW Police Department

Non-emergencies on campus for UW Police, call 206-685-UWPD (8973)

Reasons you may want to involve UWPD:

  • Potential for protesting
  • Security for high level officials: Dignitaries, Governor, etc.
  • Blocking off UW streets (Bloodmobile, etc.)

If you’d like to schedule UW Police officers or security guards, contact Ralph Robinson at 206-685-2550.

Emergency Medical Services

If you need medical personnel at your event in case of emergency, contact American Medical Response: 1-800-542-7701 (ask for the Standby event coordinator)

Accident reporting

UW Environmental Health & Safety asks that you report all accidents, incidents and near misses within 24 hours through the Online Accident Reporting System (OARS).

Emergency management

UW Emergency Management is responsible for developing and implementing institution-wide programs and projects that promote disaster planning, training, mitigation, response, prevention and recovery for all-hazards. Please check their website for comprehensive information.

Door unlocks

Contact the building coordinator.

If you encounter problems on the day of your actual event and need assistance with the doors, contact the University Police at 543-9331. They will respond by either alerting HS Security or taking other actions, as necessary.