Summer Study 2018 - Saturday, July 28
Phase I: Breakfast (Lander Hall, Local Point, Ground level)
- Sleep in!! Meet up with a group in the Lander Hall 4th Floor Lobby 8:00 and 9:00 to go down to breakfast.
Phase I: Meet outside in courtyard between Lander and Maple (see map) for the UW Campus Art Adventure Tour.
Phase I: UW Campus Art Adventure Tour.
Phase I: Explore the Henry Art Gallery (4051 George Washington Lane– be sure to use special map to enter and exit).
- Explore in groups of 3 or more with at least one intern per group.
Phase I: Lunch (Local Point, Lander Hall)
At 1:20, Phase I: Meet in Courtyard between Lander and Maple to depart for Dabble Lab.
Phase I: Dabble Lab
At 4:30, Phase I: Walk as group back to Lander
Phase II: Registration and Get Back in Touch Time (Lander Hall, Garage and 4th Floor)
Phase I & II Reminder: Scholar photos will be taken immediately AFTER the barbeque dinner. Please be ready for your photo BEFORE you go to dinner.
Phase II: Introduction for Scholars and Parents (Maple Hall, Great Room) Sheryl Burgstahler, DO-IT Director , Tami Tidwell and Debra Zawada, DO-IT Program Coordinators
- Welcome - Program goals, schedule, expectations, safety, and staff introductions.
- Lander Hall rules and emergency procedures (Resident Advisor).
- Scholars re-introduce themselves and their guests and share college/employment post-high school plans.
Phase I: Arrive back to Lander Hall 4th Floor
At 5:10, Phase I: Depart Lander Hall 4th floor for Maple Hall, Great Room
Phase I & II: Dinner and Phase II Scholar Welcome (Maple Hall, Great Room and Patio)
- Mix and mingle with the Phase I and II Scholars.
Scholar Photos – Please be ready to have your photo taken (Maple Hall, Great Room)
- Have your picture taken for the DO-IT Snapshots yearbook.
Phase I & II: “I Scream" and KARAOKE! (Maple Hall, Patio)
Share your hidden talent or sing your favorite tune with fellow Scholars and a karaoke machine.
- 7:00-8:00 Create the “Ultimate Ice Cream Treat” at our DO-IT yourself sundae table.
- Take a fun photo with friends in the DO-IT Photo Booth!
Evening Dorm Activities
- Visiting, board games, crafts, and more (Lander 4th Floor Lounge).
- Hang out in your dorm room or go to bed early to get some rest.
Flush and Brush!
- Time to finish up your evening routine and head to your room.
Goodnight! All Scholars must be in their rooms in Lander Hall.