Summer Study 2018 - Friday, July 27
Phase I: Breakfast (Lander Hall, Local Point, Ground level)
• Meet up with a group in the Lander Hall 4th Floor Lobby between 7:00and 8:00 to go down to breakfast.
At 8:30, Phase I: Meet outside in courtyard between Lander and Maple (see map) to depart for Microsoft Building 92, Room: Magellan and Origami, 15010 NE 36th Street, Redmond, WA 98052
Welcome/Introduction (Building 92, Room: Magellan and Origami) Our host: Sean Marihugh, Escalation Engineer
Microsoft Inclusive Classroom (Building 92, Room: Magellan & Origami)
- Learn from Megan Lawrence, Ph.D. as she talks about how Microsoft makes the classroom a more inclusive place.
Microsoft Challenge Activity (Building 92, Room: Magellan and Origami)
Panel and Lunch with Microsoft Employees (Building 92, Room: Magellan and Origami
- Hear from Microsoft employees about what they do and how they “DO-IT.”
Hackathon Projects: Hands on Experience (Building 92, Room: Magellan and Origami)
- Learn about cool technology for people with disabilities created during Microsoft Hackathons!
Break and split in to two groups and travel to the following activities:
Xbox Inclusive Lab (Studio B: 1960)
- Check out how Xbox empowers gamers with disabilities with a bunch of interactive activities!
- Learn how 3D audio can be used as a navigation tool for people with disabilities.
Phase I: Meet outside front entrance to load buses and return to University of Washington.
Phase I: Dinner (Lander Hall, Local Point, Ground level)
At 6:45, Phase I: Meet outside in courtyard between Lander and Maple.
Phase I: Arts and Laughs (Meet in Maple Hall, Great Room)
- Explore your artistic and comedic talents and make something cool to take home!
Evening Dorm Activities / Go To Bed
- Visiting, board games, crafts, and more (Lander 4th Floor Lounge).
- Hang out in your dorm room or go to bed early to get some rest.
Flush and Brush!
- Time to finish up your evening routine and head to your room.
Goodnight! All Scholars must be in their rooms in Lander Hall.