Summer Study 2018 - Friday, August 3
Phase I & II: Breakfast and Begin Pack-up (Lander Hall, Local Point, Ground level)
- Meet up with a group in the Lander Hall 4th Floor Lobby between 7:00 and 8:00 to go down to breakfast.
At 8:30, Phase II: Meet outside in courtyard between Lander and Maple (see map) to depart for Phase II Workshop.
Phase II: Workshops
- Exploratory Neurobiology: Bugs, Mice and Brains! (Kincaid Hall, Room 248, Health Sciences T366 and Hitchcock, Biology Library 220) Martha Bosma, Associate Professor, Biology, University of Washington; Kelly Duong, Hiro Watari, Jesse Miles, Kirsten Gilchrist, Chris Vong, Undergraduate Students and Graduate Students, Neuroscience, University of Washington
Let’s Do Video! Video Storytelling with Rooted in Rights (HUB, Room 238) Courtney Cole, Peter Rand, Vanessa Link, Jordan Melograna, Clark Matthews, Rachel Miyazaki, Vilissa Thompson, Rooted in Rights
Phase I: Pack Up (Lander Hall, 4th Floor)
- Pack-up but leave belongings in room.
At 10:15, Phase I: Meet in Lander Hall, 4th floor lobby to depart for HUB.
Phase I: What comes next? (HUB, Room 145) Tami Tidwell, DO-IT Program Coordinator
- Discuss Phase II expectations; share Phase II project ideas.
Phase I & II: Lunch (HUB, Husky Den, Lower Level)
At 1:15, Phase I & Phase II Scholars meet in in HUB, Lyceum Room for Closing Ceremonies
Phase I & II: Closing Ceremonies (HUB, Lyceum Room) Scott Bellman
- Welcome! (Scott)
- Phase I Website and Classes (Terrill/Tami)
- Phase I Certificates (Tami)
- What comes next for Phase I Grads (Debra)
- Phase II Workshop Reports (Debra)
- Recognition of Phase II Workshop Organizers and Instructors (Phase II Scholars)
- What comes next for Phase II Grads (Kayla)
- Intern Certificates (Kayla)
- What comes next for Phase III Grads (Scott)
- Recognition and introduction of individual DO-IT staff (Scott)
- Good byes
Phase I & II: Back to Lander Hall to Finish Packing and Dorm Check-out (Lander Hall, 4th Floor)
- Make sure to:
- check your room for left-behind items,
- pick up your binder and laptop from DO-IT Staff in the Lander Lobby, and
- turn in your keys to the Lander Front Desk.
See ya in cyberspace!