Summer Study 2012 - Wednesday, July 25
Breakfast (McMahon Hall Cafeteria, Down to Dining Level, Ground Floor)
Phase I: Meet in McMahon Hall Main Entrance Lobby (3rd Floor) to walk to Johnson Hall, Room 175.
- Collaborate with other Phase I Scholars to create the 2012 Scholar web pages.
Phase I: Web Design (Johnson Hall, Room 175) Terry Thompson, DO-IT Technology Specialist
Phase I: Snack Break (outside Johnson Hall, Room 111)
- View video: Building the Team: Faculty and Students with Disabilities
- Meet professors and participate in a role-playing exercise.
Phase I: You Can DO-IT: Articulating Your Needs and Communicating with Faculty (Johnson Hall, Room 111) Sheryl Burgstahler, DO-IT Program Director
Phase I & II: Lunch (By George, Odegaard Undergraduate Library, Lower Level)
Phase I & II: We Did It, So Can You! (Johnson Hall, Rooms 111 and 175)
- Phase II Projects are presented.
Phase I & II: Snack Break (Outside Johnson Hall, Room 111)
- Talk to your fellow Scholars and Mentors about helpful accommodations and how to get them in college and beyond.
Phase I & II: College Life - What Helps and Where to Find It (Johnson Hall, Room 175) Tami Tidwell, DO-IT Program Coordinator
- Check-in and chat about DO-IT workshops, assignments, daily events, Phase II, Ambassadors, internships, and questions and answer.
Phase I and II: Staying Connected (Johnson Hall, Room 175) Sheryl Burgstahler, DO-IT Program Director
- Meet DO-IT Mentors and special guests.
- Learn more about what it takes to be successful in school and on the job from professionals with disabilities in a variety of career fields.
- Outdoor sports activities (Meet in McCarty Hall Main Entrance Lobby, 3rd Floor, Lobby Level to go to Denny Field outside across from McCarty Hall).
- Visiting, board games, crafts & more (McCarty Hall Main Entrance Lobby or McCarty Library).
- Relax in your room to store up energy for another busy day tomorrow.
Evening Dorm Activities / Go To Bed
- Time to finish up your evening routine and head to your room.
Flush and Brush!
Goodnight! All Scholars must be in their rooms in McCarty Hall.