Summer Study 2012 - Thursday, July 26
Breakfast (McMahon Hall Cafeteria, Down to Dining Level, Ground Floor)
Phase I: Meet in McMahon Hall Main Entrance Lobby (3rd Floor) to walk to Johnson Hall, Room 175.
Phase II: Meet in McCarty Entrance Lobby (3rd Floor, Lobby Level) to depart for Phase II Workshops.
Phase I: Web Design (Johnson Hall, Room 175) Terry Thompson, DO-IT Technology Specialist
- Collaborate with other Phase I Scholars to create the 2012 Scholar web pages.
Phase II Workshops:
- Responding to Natural Disasters (Mary Gates Hall, Room 284) Julie Peddy, Program Manager, NOAA
- Disability and the Media! By Reel Grrls strong> (off campus at Reel Grrls Studio) Monica Olsson, Outreach and Access Coordinator, Reel Grrls
- Exploratory Neurobiology: Bugs, Mice and Brains! (Kincaid Hall, Room 248) Martha Bosma, Associate Professor, Biology, University of Washington
Phase I: Snack Break (outside Johnson Hall, Room 111)
Phase I: Add It Up! Will It Fly? (Johnson Hall, Room 111) Art Mabbot, Seattle Public Schools, The Math Guy
- Explore the geometry of length, area, and volume while building Tetrahedron Kites.
Phase I & II: Lunch (By George, Odegaard Undergraduate Library, Lower Level)
Phase I & II: Scholarship Secrets (Johnson Hall, Room 175) Sam Lim, Founder Scholarship Junkies
- Learn about real-life costs of attending college and tips on how to pay for it.
Phase I & II: Snack Break (outside Johnson Hall, Room 111)
Phase I: Writing for Success (Johnson Hall, Room 175) Brianna Blaser, DO-IT Program Coordinator
- Get in touch with your networking side.
Phase I: Staying Connected (Johnson Hall, Room 175) Sheryl Burgstahler, DO-IT Program Director
- Check-in and chat about DO-IT workshops, assignments, daily events, Phase II, Ambassadors, internships, and questions and answer.
Phase I & II: Meet in McCarty Hall Main Entrance Lobby to depart for Mary Gates Hall for Dance
Phase I & II: Dinner (Mary Gates Hall, Commons)
Phase I & II: DO-IT Dance (Mary Gates Hall, Commons)
- Celebrate your Summer Study successes including new DO-IT friends.
- Dance the night away with Scholars, Ambassadors, Mentors, and other DO-IT community members.
Depart Mary Gates Hall to return to McCarty Hall
Flush and Brush!
- Time to finish up your evening routine and head to your room.
Goodnight! All Scholars must be in their rooms in McCarty Hall.