Communities of Practice (CoP)
CBI participants are welcomed into two CoPs:
ERC INCLUDES CoP
ERC INCLUDES - This affinity group brings together individuals from NSF-funded Engineering Research Centers (ERCs) and individuals who work to lead and support NSF-funded INCLUDES initiatives. Members will share best practices that create a robust culture of inclusion and diversity in both programs. The group will address ways to make activities and resources accessible and inclusive; develop collaborations; collect and report data on diversity; and include people with diverse characteristics in leadership roles, research, and activities.
Populated with individuals who work at NSF-funded ERCs across the United States, members of the AccessERC Community of Practice (CoP)
- discuss how to recruit participants with disabilities and accommodate them in their programs and activities;
- recruit their student participants with disabilities into disability-related e-mentoring, internships, and workshops to complement their activities;
- discuss the implementation of universal design to make facilities, products, and activities more welcoming and accessible to individuals with disabilities;
- discuss best practices and resources identified at capacity-building institutes; and
- share ideas about seed grants, new initiatives, and lessons learned.
Individuals can join the AccessERC CoP by contacting email@example.com.
For information about other CoPs hosted by DO-IT, consult Communities of Practice on the DO-IT website.