This lesson focuses on the last of the four steps for creating a budget: allowing access to the budget.
In this lesson, you'll see how to
- Complete Setting Up the Budget
- Grant Access to Users
- Set Permissions
Before You Begin
- Access to SAGE Budget and SAGE is assigned by departmental ASTRA Authorizers.
- The person who creates a budget is the Budget Preparer. You can keep the person in this role updated so that notifications will go to the correct person.
- You may add and update the Administrative Contact and the Pre/Post-Award Budget Contact
- If you connect your budget to an eGC1, the access list will be shared. See the SAGE Budget and eGC1 Data Management Release Features page for more details.
When you click the Next button on the Funding Details page, SAGE displays the Access page. Later, you may access this page by clicking the Access tab. The Access page contains the name of the budget owner, in this case, Merrill", with the Owner Permission Type.
To Add, Update, and Delete Administrative and Budget Contacts
Add the name and contact information for the person with administrative knowledge of the proposal (Administrative Contact) and for the person with pre-award fiscal knowledge of the application (Budget Contact). These persons may be contacted by approvers during the review process, and by OSP and/or GCA staff following the awarding of funds.Click on either the Look Up Administrative Contact or Look Up Pre-Award Budget Contact button.
- Enter the Name or UW NetID for the person you want to add, and click Search.
- Click on the desired person's name to select them and return to the Access page.
- To remove a contact, click the appropriate Remove the (Admin/Budget) Contact? link beneath the contact information to clear the selection.
- To select a different contact, click the appropriate Change the (Admin/Budget) Contact? link beneath the contact information to open the personnel chooser.
To Complete Setting Up the Budget
1. Click the Complete Setup button to finish the setup.
SAGE displays the worksheet for the budget.
To Grant Access to the Budget
1. Click the Assign Access tab.
2. Click the Add another user link
SAGE displays the Personnel Chooser
2. Enter the person’s name, or part of their name. For this example enter the last name "Flynn".
3. Click the Search button.
SAGE returns a list of the names of people whose last name is Flynn.
4. Click the appropriate name, Rowan Flynn, for this example.
SAGE adds Dr. Flynn’s name to the list of people with access to the budget.
To Set Permissions
SAGE adds Dr, Flynn's name to the list of users and grants him Read-Only rights which means he can view the budget, but he cannot make changes to it.
SAGE has two permission types: Read-Only and Read/Write.
In most cases you will let many people view the budget but let only a few people change it.
You can also revoke permission using the Remove Access option.
1. Click the Save button to save the user's names and access permissions.
Note: You are not the only person with permission to grant access to a budget. Anyone with Read/Write access can do that too.