October 19, 2022
NIH FORMS-H Availability & Resources
Update 2/08/2023 – SAGE Grant Runner release deferred to until after UWFT Go Live. Release is anticipated for October deadlines, continue to use NIH ASSIST until further notice.
Update 1/04/2023 – SAGE Grant Runner release deferred to April/May instead of March/April, continue to use NIH ASSIST
NIH’s next set of application packages FORMS-H is effective for all applications due on or after January 25th, 2023. This new FORMS set will begin to be available October 25th, 2022.
Effective Date & Availability
Applicants must use FORMS-H for due dates on or after January 25, 2023 and must use FORMS-G for due dates on or before January 24, 2023.
For a transition period, both FORMS-G and FORMS-H will be active simultaneously. Applicants must choose the appropriate application package for their due date.
NIH will withdraw and remove applications from funding considerations if applicants submit using an incorrect forms package.
This latest set of NIH FORMS supports NIH’s 2023 Data Management & Sharing (DMS) Policy requirement for specific applications.
- As part of NIH’s implementation of their DMS Policy, a new “Other Plan(s)” attachment field has been added to the PHS 398 Research Plan Form and the PHS 398 Career Development Award Supplemental Form.
- If the proposed research is subject to the DMS Policy, applicants must attach the required DMS Plan in the new FORMS-H field.
SAGE Grant Runner Applications
Important Note: Please plan to use ASSIST for NIH applications with due dates on or after January 25, 2023 (FORMS-H) until further notice.
FORMS-H updates in Grant Runner are being deferred until after UWFT Go Live to ensure we maximize the benefits from the work that’s planned for inclusion in the UW Finance Transformation Project. We anticipate release in time for the October deadlines. Please continue to use ASSIST until further notice.
- NIH FORMS-H: Instructions, Forms, Handy Checklist
- NIH High-level Summary of Form Changes in FORMS-H Application Packages
- NIH Do I Have the Right Form Version For My Application?
- NIH Application Forms FAQs
- NOT-OD-22-195: FORMS-H
- NIH Data Management and Sharing Guidance
- NOT-OD-21-013: Final Data Management and Sharing Policy
- UW Libraries Open Scholarship Commons: Research Data Management
- UW Libraries Research Data Management Guide
- UW Policy Research Data GIM 37
- UW MRAM Announces: NIH DMS Policy Requirements and Resources