If you are using the code, we’re pleased to announce our first set of updates: updates that are mostly content-oriented, but a few XHTML and CSS validation fixes as well. To take advantage of these fixes (if you haven’t already fixed them yourself), you can do one of two things:
1) Fix the code yourself by carefully reading through the changelog below.
2) Log back in to the wizard, repeat the steps and get new copy-paste code: https://depts.washington.edu/uweb/tmplgen/
====== HEADER & FOOTER WIZARD ======
========== 1.1 CHANGELOG ==========
- changed “Employment” to “Jobs” (consistent with our homepage/site-wide footer nav)
- added a “Libraries” link to the top nav bar (consistent with our homepage/site-wide top nav)
- added a period “.” to the end of “Discover what’s next. It’s the Washington Way” (now reads “Discover what’s next. It’s the Washington Way.”)
- in footer.css: added
} and changed the markup to match, “wlogoLink” is now “footerLogoLink” (this makes sure we aren’t duplicating an ID inside of header.css)
- in header.css: removed “color: transparent” from .formbutton (was invalid css)
- replaced the content wrapper <span>…</span> with <div>…</div> (this fixes an XHTML validation problem that should have been fixed a long time ago. Sorry J)
Oh, and if anyone is actively using the include version, please let us know; our stats tell us that a few of you are, but we’d like to verify.