On this page:
Videos are a great way to enhance your pages and posts. Our current WordPress theme makes it easy to embed YouTube and Vimeo videos by using only a URL, while embedding UWTV videos requires a few extra steps.
Note: The Marketing Web Team does not currently provide support for embedding video from other services.
YouTube or Vimeo
Check out the following step-by-step tutorials from WordPress.com:
- Find and open the video page for the video you wish to embed.
- Scroll down the page until you find the social sharing icons. Click on the green Embed icon and link.
- The Embed link will expand to reveal a box with an “iframe” code.
- Copy the embed URL, after the “http://” part of the URL. (Note: Ignore the rest of the iFrame code for Marketing-hosted WordPress sites.)
- Edit or create the page or post that will contain your embedded video.
- In the editor, enter [iframe width=100% src="URL"] and replace the URL with the embed URL you copied in step 4.
- Example code:
[iframe width=100% src="uwtv.org/embed/12192323866/"]
- Example code:
- Preview your changes to make sure the video appears, and then publish your page or post when ready.
- If you see a security warning when you preview your page or post, see the Troubleshooting section below.
Troubleshooting for UWTV videos
If you copy the entire embed URL—including the “http://”—you may notice that the video will show a security warning when previewing your page or post. If you publish your page or post, this warning will disappear and the embedded video will show.
If you prefer to preview the content before publishing, follow these steps:
- Remove the http:// part of the embed URL.
- Preview your page or post and your video should appear.