UW Code Camp
Day: March 27, 2013
Location: UW Tower Auditorium and Cafeteria
Time: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.,
with a break for lunch (not provided) from noon – 1 p.m.
Get ready for the first ever UW Code Camp tomorrow, March 27! This will be a fast-paced day packed full of knowledge and collaboration with members of the University information technology community. For more information about our event, visit our earlier blog post about UW Code Camp.
To make your day even more successful:
- Bring your Husky Card to enter the Tower.
- Charge your laptop/device ahead of time! There are some power plugs scattered around the auditorium, but we anticipate a shortage.
- There is UW Wifi access in the Tower.
- Arrive a few minutes early—we will start on time.
- Have business cards? Bring ’em! This will be a great opportunity for making new connections.
- Bring lunch or prepare for a quick run to the Ave (there is a small cafe with limited snacks and coffee in the cafeteria).
- Active tweeter? Live tweet or join the conversation using #uwcodecamp.
- Check back on the Web Team blog for slide decks, presentation recordings and photos.
UW Code Camp Agenda
|10 a.m. – 11 a.m.||Cloud Computing||Panel Discussion with Brad Greer, Rupert Berk, Marcus Hirsch||Auditorium|
|10 a.m. – 11 a.m.||Using Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) Data||Panel Discussion with Rachel Gatlin, Anthony Curreri, Carrie Lewis, Alin Hunter, Randy Byers, Dave Beaulieu, Rick Fenger, Heidi Berrysmith, John Mobley, Eva Piccininni, BK Chen, Pieter Visser, Nancy McQuillen, Ann Wunderlin||Cafeteria|
|11 a.m. – noon||Drupal Website Management||Andy Hieb, James Woods||Auditorium|
|11 a.m. – noon||Application Integration and Middleware, Web Services||Nathan Dors, Jim Fox, Tony Chang, Rupert Berk, James Renfro, Paul Schurr||Cafeteria|
|1 p.m. – 1:15 p.m.||Introduction to open sessions and call for speakers||UW Code Camp planning team and all attendees||Cafeteria|
|1:15 p.m. – 2 p.m.||Session 1: topics to be determined||Speakers self-selected in open call||Cafeteria|
|2 p.m. – 2:45 p.m.||Session 2: topics to be determined||Speakers self-selected in open call||Cafeteria|
|2:45 p.m. – 3 p.m.||Close out Code Camp||Code Camp planning team and all attendees||Cafeteria|
View the full UW Code Camp Agenda, which includes more details on each session.