Canoe & Rowboat Rentals
The Waterfront Activities Center is located directly behind Husky Stadium, on Union Bay and across the bay from the Washington Arboretum. We rent canoes and rowboats to the general public, seven days a week. UW Students, Faculty, Staff and Alumni Association members receive a discounted rate when they present their current, valid Husky Card or Alumni Association card.
Canoe & Rowboat Rental Hours
|Month||Days of Week||Times*|
|October||Daily||10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
*7 days a week all boats due back by 6:00 p.m.
**Closed for rentals on all home football games, 10/22.
Rental Rates (Per Boat)
- Rentals are available to students, faculty/staff, alumni and the general public.
- Rentals are always first come, first serve; No reservations.
- Must be 18 years of age and older with valid ID to rent a canoe or rowboat.
- Children must weigh at least 25 pounds and walk on their own.
- Boat restrictions: maximum 3 in a canoe and 4 in a rowboat.
- Patrons must have current UW Husky Card or Alumni Association ID to receive established UW rates.
- Payment must be made by cash, check, Visa, MasterCard or Discover.
*Prices include sales tax where applicable.
No Boat Rentals
- Opening Day of Boating Season: May 7, 2016
- Home Football Games: See Above
- Off-Season: November 1 – February 28
Note: Specific rental times can vary throughout the year depending on daylight. Please call us at (206) 543-9433 for current rental hours.