Canoe & Rowboat Rentals
The Waterfront Activities Center is located directly behind Husky Stadium, on Union Bay and across the bay from the Washington Arboretum. We rent canoes and rowboats to the general public, seven days a week. UW Students and UW Faculty/Staff receive a discounted rate when they present their current, valid Husky Card.
Canoe & Rowboat Rental Hours
|Month||Days of Week||Times*|
|November-March||Daily||CLOSED FOR SEASON|
|April 1||Daily||RENTALS BEGIN|
Rental Rates (Per Boat)
- Rentals are available to students, faculty/staff, and the general public.
- Rentals are always first come, first serve; No reservations.
- Must be 18 years of age and older with valid ID to rent a canoe or rowboat.
- Children must weigh at least 25 pounds and be able to walk on their own.
- Boat restrictions: maximum 3 in a canoe and 4 in a rowboat.
- Patrons must have current UW Husky Card to receive established UW rates. Only one ID may be used per boat.
- Payment must be made by check, Visa, MasterCard or Discover.
*Prices do not include sales tax.
No Boat Rentals
- Opening Day of Boating Season: May 6, 2017
- Home Football Games
- Off-Season: November 1-March 31
Note: Specific rental times can vary throughout the year depending on daylight. Please call us at (206) 543-9433 for current rental hours.