The Rain City Send
To Send – A successful ascent of a climb.
Open to all College students, faculty and staff of any Pacific Northwest university or college.
The Rain City Send is a competition dedicated to the all-around climber, featuring both roped climbing and bouldering. There are categories for every ability level. Join us for a day of great climbing, socializing, prizes raffles, films, games, something for everyone.
UW in the NC3
Overall Team Championships 2007, 2008
Jimmy Chulich 2010, 2011, 2012
Janelle Deane 2007
Meg Coyne 2010, 2011
Saturday, April 13th, 2013
Check In and Day-Of Registration
Heat 1 – 9:00 a.m.
Heat 2 – 11:30 a.m.
Heat 1 – 9:45 a.m. – 12:45 a.m.
Heat 2 – 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Finals – 4:45 p.m. (start time subject to change)
Open Division Finals
Finals will consist of 1 Top-rope route, 1 Boulder problem, 1 Lead route.
Registration will be accepted via phone, fax or mail. If you are part of the UW community, you can register in-person at the Climbing Center or the IMA Programs Office. We will accept registration on the day of the competition, though there is no guarantee of receiving an event T-shirt.
Early Registration (ends April 7, 2013)
- UW students with Crags quarter pass – $20
- Students without pass – $25
- Students of other universities – $25
Late and Day-Of Registration
- All participants – $30
- Recreational V0-V1 and 5.6- 5.8
- intermediate V2-V3 and 5.8-5.10
- Advanced V4-V5, 5.10-5.11
- Open V6 and harder, 5.11 and harder (Open competitors should possess the ability to lead)
Driving and Parking Information
Crags Climbing Center in the Intramural Activities Center (IMA)
3924 Montlake Blvd NE Seattle, WA 98195.
From I-5 (northbound or southbound)
- Take exit 168B on the left for State Hwy 520 toward Bellevue/Kirkland
- Merge onto WA-520 E
- Take the Montlake Blvd exit
- Turn left at E Montlake Pl
- Turn right at Walla Walla Rd. (just past the IMA) for parking.
Ample parking will be available in the E-1 parking lot just north of the IMA.
All guests to UW’s IMA will need to show their university ID and/or a driver’s license to gain entry to the building.
Matt Jensen, Climbing Program Manager