There are some exciting changes to the Rain City Series for 2014! We are hosting 2 events, one for the UW community and the other for our competitive circuit the Northwest Collegiate Climbing Circuit. Below you will find all the information for each event.
The Shoulder Season Sendoff – The shoulder season, when routes are still to wet, cracks seep with run off, all but the alpine ice has melted out, rock climbing season is so close but yet so far. Instead of waiting for the rock to dry pull on some plastic testing your preparedness for climbing season, enter raffles, take home a commemorative Klean Kanteen tumbler. Winners crowned the campus champions and take home a intramural champions T-shirt.
The Convergence Zone – The Northwest Collegiate Climbing Circuit is in it’s 8th season and still stands as the largest collegiate only climbing circuit. University climbing teams from all over the PNW battle for the right to call themselves the NC3 Champions. The event is open to teams by invite only. For more information on the NC3 click the logo above.
The Shoulder Season Sendoff
- UW Intramural Competition (UW community only)
Friday, April 18th, 2014
- Event starts at 2:30 p.m.
$20 - Ends April 7
$25 – April 8-April 17
$30 – Day-Of Registration (If spots are available)
- Recreational (V0-V1 and 5.6- 5.8)
- intermediate (V2-V3 and 5.8-5.10)
- Advanced (V4-V5, 5.10-5.11)
- Open (V6 and harder, 5.11 and harder, open competitors should possess the ability to lead)
Register Online Here (Live March 19). In person and phone registration is done at the Crags Climbing Center, 206.616.7229 and the IMA Programs Office 206.543.2571.
For more information contact Matt Jensen at email@example.com, 206.616.2083
The Convergence Zone (NC3 Invite)
$25 per climber – Invited NC3 teams only
Saturday April 19th, 2014
- Rules meeting starts at 9:30 a.m.
- Invites sent on March 19th, 2014
- Teams with priority registration, roster submission deadline is April 7th
- Recreational V0-V1 and 5.6- 5.8
- Intermediate V2-V3 and 5.8-5.10
- Advanced V4-V5, 5.10-5.11
- Open V6 and harder, 5.11 and harder (Open competitors should possess the ability to lead)
Driving and Parking Information
Crags Climbing Center in the Intramural Activities Center (IMA)
3924 Montlake Blvd NE Seattle, WA 98195.
NOTE: SATURDAY APRIL 19th IS FAN FEST AT HUSKY STADIUM AT 10 AM. COMPETITORS SHOULD PARK IN THE SURROUNDING NEIGHBORHOODS.
From I-5 (northbound or southbound)
- Take exit 168B on the left for State Hwy 520 toward Bellevue/Kirkland
- Merge onto WA-520 E
- Take the Montlake Blvd exit
- Turn left at E Montlake Pl
- Turn right at Walla Walla Rd. (just past the IMA) for parking.
Ample parking will be available in the E-1 parking lot just north of the IMA.
All guests to UW’s IMA will need to show their university ID and/or a driver’s license to gain entry to the building.
Matt Jensen, Climbing Program Manager