Recreational Sports Programs
The Rain City Send
In 2015 the Rain City Send competition will host NC3 teams from around the region and is also open to all Pacific Northwest college students and UW Community members. This year we will be returning to a redpoint-style format competition. For UW community climbers wishing to compete, we will be holding 30 spots open. Please see below for all event details and registration information.
- Date: Saturday April 18th, 2015
- Rules meeting starts at 9:30 a.m.
- Invites for NC3 teams sent on March 19th, 2014
- Teams with priority registration, roster submission deadline is April 7th
- Cost is $25 per climber
- Recreational V0-V1 and 5.6- 5.8
- Intermediate V2-V3 and 5.8-5.10
- Advanced V4-V5, 5.10-5.11
- Open V6 and harder, 5.11 and harder (Open competitors should possess the ability to lead)
Non-UW, Non-NC3 Climbers:
UW Community Climbers:
Register Online Here (Live March 18). In person and phone registration is done at the Crags Climbing Center, 206-616-7229 and the IMA Programs Office 206-543-2571.
Heat information and day of logistics will be emailed out to teams and individual competitors on Thursday, April 16.
For more information contact Garrett Genereux, email@example.com, 206-616-1143
Driving and Parking Information
Crags Climbing Center in the Intramural Activities Center (IMA)
3924 Montlake Blvd NE Seattle, WA 98195.
NOTE: SATURDAY APRIL 19th IS FAN FEST AT HUSKY STADIUM AT 10 AM. COMPETITORS SHOULD PARK IN THE SURROUNDING NEIGHBORHOODS.
From I-5 (northbound or southbound)
- Take exit 168B on the left for State Hwy 520 toward Bellevue/Kirkland
- Merge onto WA-520 E
- Take the Montlake Blvd exit
- Turn left at E Montlake Pl
- Turn right at Walla Walla Rd. (just past the IMA) for parking.
Ample parking will be available in the E-1 parking lot just north of the IMA.
All guests to UW’s IMA will need to show their university ID and/or a driver’s license to gain entry to the building.