The STEM Educators Community of Practice (STEMed CoP) is populated with STEM K-12 and postsecondary educators and administrators interested in promoting the success of students with disabilities in STEM courses and careers. Participants:
- gain and share knowledge and help identify issues related to the under-representation of people with disabilities in STEM fields
- introduce AccessSTEM staff to administrators of professional STEM organizations so that staff can help these organizations make their websites accessible, their conferences accessible to attendees with disabilities, and their conference programs inclusive of disability-related topics
- help plan, attend, and/or recruit others to attend CBIs
- identify STEM events that students with disabilities might be invited
- discuss how to include accessibility topics in STEM curricula
- provide connections with STEM faculty and industry for internships
- help AccessSTEM staff target articles to STEM publications
Interested individuals can join the STEMed CoP by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
To communicate with DO-IT staff, send an email message to email@example.com.
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195-4842
206-685-DOIT (3648) (voice/TTY)
888-972-DOIT (3648) (toll free voice/TTY)
509-328-9331 (voice/TTY) Spokane
Founder and Director: Sheryl Burgstahler, Ph.D.
Program Manager: Scott Bellman