Welcome and Introductions
Presentation on Veterans Issues in Postsecondary Education, including at GRCC
Veterans and family members addressed the following questions:
- What are your thoughts and experiences with college as a veteran or as a family member of a veteran?
- What campus and academic programs, resources, and support services did you use or did your family member(s) use in the transition to campus life?
- From your perspective, what are two or three specific gaps in services or programs that impacted your transition or the transition of your family member(s) to campus?
Group Discussion of Questions Two and Three (listed above)
Introduction of Veterans Coordinating Council and Community of Practice
- Faculty and staff professional training
- Campus connections and student groups
- Resource development and budget planning
- Outreach and marketing (technology, open communication, and the web)
- Small group discussion on strategies, training, and services
- Brainstorm ideas that can be implemented in the 2008 - 2009 school year