DO-IT Scholars Program Recognized
The DO-IT Scholars program has been honored with a Promising Practice Award from the National Collaborative on Workforce and Disability for Youth. This recognition is for "a proven record of success and a validation of effectiveness" in supporting youth with disabilities as they transition from high school to college and careers, using technology as an empowering tool. Only programs that have met vigorous criteria are given this award. Specific areas of innovative practices recognized within the DO-IT Scholars program are:
- Program Structure & Design
- School-Based Preparatory Experiences
- Career Preparation & Work-Based Learning Experiences
- Youth Development & Leadership
- Individual & Support Services (Connecting Activities)
Congratulations, DO-IT Scholars!