At the Office of Minority Affairs and Diversity, all areas of diversity—student, faculty and staff diversity, curriculum, research, outreach, climate—are seen as intertwined and interdependent. The full spectrum of programs at OMA&D serve as resources for institutional change.
Diversity at the UW
- Find a list of diversity resources for students, staff, faculty, alumni, and community members
Office of the Associate Vice Provost for Faculty Advancement
- Increases the recruitment, retention, and promotion of faculty from underrepresented populations
- Promotes and supports research on historically underserved, understudied, and underrepresented communities
- Best Practices for Faculty Searches
- The UW Center for Curriculum Transformation closed in December 2013. Responsibilities for curriculum transformation, development of courses to fulfill the University’s diversity requirement, and consultation on inclusive teaching are now housed in the Center for Teaching and Learning.
- Supports efforts to recruit and retain a diverse staff at the UW
- Partners with non-UW community organizations to advertise job postings and creates a pipeline of applicants
- Supports Faculty/Staff Affinity Groups which build community and foster connections
- Staff Diversity Hiring Toolkit
University Diversity Council
- Advises the UW president on issues of diversity
- Includes representatives from all three campuses, UW schools, colleges, administrative offices, and campus organizations
- Monitors progress of the Diversity Blueprint