By donating to the Office of Minority Affairs & Diversity (OMA&D), you are advancing access, equity and inclusion at the University of Washington. Gifts to our scholarships, programs, services, cultural activities and facilities ensure that underrepresented minority, first-generation and low-income students have access to higher education and support to succeed inside and beyond the classroom.
Our top funding priorities are:
wǝɫǝbʔaltxʷ – Intellectual House (phase II)
- Since 2015, wǝɫǝbʔaltxʷ – Intellectual House has served as a welcoming space for all communities and supported the academic pursuits of American Indian and Alaska Native students, faculty and staff.
- The second phase adds a building for teaching and learning, as well as programming space, an arts lab and an Elders lounge.
- This fund has been created to address the challenges and harm of systemic racism on our Black students, staff, and faculty.
- Awards, scholarships, programs and services will amplify and elevate Black experiences and communities.
- Users are known to experience an average 1.35 increase in GPA after their first year
- This fund ensures that we can help thousands more attain academic excellence and persist to graduation.
- Access to higher education changes not only the lives of our students, but the lives of their families and communities as well.
- By giving to this fund, you will help open doors of opportunity for generations to come.
- EOP Foster Care Alumni Student Support Fund provides financial assistance to alumni of the foster care system pursuing a degree at the UW.
- The mission of the UW Champions Program is to provide holistic support for youth and alumni of foster care and students who have experiences homelessness without their parents by ensuring academic success and preparation for lifelong achievement after graduation from post-secondary education.
Recent philanthropy news:
- Celebration is Back! Highlights from the 2022 Celebration GalaJune 1, 2022
- University of Washington initiatives receive investment from the Mark Torrance Foundation to support diversity, equity and inclusionMarch 31, 2022
- Welcome Madrienne White as the OMA&D Representative to the University of Washington Foundation BoardNovember 8, 2021