As an elected officer of the faculty, the secretary manages an office that facilitates faculty governance by:
- Advising individual faculty and administrators on faculty rights and responsibilities as outlined in the Faculty Code.
- Providing support staff and meeting spaces for the Faculty Senate and its leadership, the Senate Executive Committee (SEC) and the Senate Committee on Planning and Budgeting.
- Developing slates of candidates for the university faculty councils for SEC nomination and senate confirmation.
- Providing orientations and staff coordination for meetings, materials and records.
- Advising the 18 faculty councils in the schools, colleges, UW Bothell, and UW Tacoma in their efforts to implement shared governance and to develop Faculty Code-compliant bylaws.
36 Gerberding Hall
Seattle WA 98195