Skip to content

Frequently asked questions

Frequently asked questions:

Where does the Faculty Senate meet?

The Faculty Senate meets via Zoom. Refer to our meeting calendar to find meeting dates.

Where do I go for advice regarding dispute resolution, promotion, tenure, or another part of the Faculty Code?

The secretary of the faculty can assist with the above issues.

Where can I find Faculty Senate agendas?

Agendas are posted on the minutes and agendas page.

Who are voting faculty?

Voting faculty are defined in Section 21-32 of the Faculty Code.

Where is the secretary of the faculty/Faculty Senate office?

We share an office in 36 Gerberding Hall on the UW Seattle campus.

What do I do if I can’t attend a Faculty Senate meeting?

If you are an elected senator or other voting member, you are required to notify the secretary of the faculty prior to the meeting in order to be excused.  According to the Faculty Code, members with three unexcused absences will be removed.

What is the difference between a “university faculty council” and an “elected faculty council”?

University faculty councils are made up of faculty representatives from across the university and oversee university policies that fall within their charge. Elected faculty councils are the governing bodies of a particular school, college or campus and advise their respective deans or chancellors on matters of faculty promotion and tenure, academic policies, priorities, resource and salary allocation, and budgets.

What are the reorganization, consolidation, and elimination procedures (RCEP) and how is the process started?

The RCEP process can be found in Section 26-41 of the Faculty Code. Our website also has information on guiding principles, flowcharts, and frequently asked questions.

Where can I find information on restricted, classified, or proprietary research proposals?

Information on the restricted research process can be found on the webpage for the Faculty Council on Research.

Where can I find information on the procedures for changes to undergraduate programs?

The Faculty Council on Academic Standards has information on the procedures for changes to undergraduate programs.