Summer Study 2018 - Tuesday, July 24
Breakfast (Lander Hall, Local Point, Ground level)
Intern Team Building Session (Meet Lander Hall, 4th Floor Lounge)
Intern Campus Tour and Working with Minors Training (Meet outside Lander Hall – stop at 4545 for training)
Lunch (HUB, Husky Den, Lower Level)
Meet in HUB 145 (HUB 145) at 12:30
Orienting to HUB 145 (HUB 145)
Intern Campus Tour Part Two (depart from HUB 145)
Break (Lander Hall, 4th floor)
Program Set-up (Meet in Lander Hall 4th Floor and Garage)
Phase I: Scholar Dorm Check In and Registration (Lander Hall, 4th Floor and Garage)
Phase I: Welcome Meeting for Scholars and Parents (Maple Hall, Great Room) Sheryl Burgstahler, DO-IT Director
- Welcome: Program goals, schedule, expectations and safety.
- Lander Hall rules and emergency procedures (Resident Advisor).
- Scholar, staff, and guest introductions.
Phase I: Welcome Dinner (Maple Hall, Great Room and Patio)
- Your first assignment: "What is our common thread?”
Phase I: DO-IT Success Panel (Maple Hall, Great Room)
- Words of wisdom about college, employment, and DO-IT participation from DO-IT Interns who have “done it” before.
Practice Emergency Evacuation
Evening Dorm Activities / Go To Bed
- Visiting, board games, crafts, and more (Lander 4th Floor Lounge).
- Hang out in your dorm room or go to bed early to get some rest.
Flush and Brush!
- Time to finish up your evening routine and head to your room.
Goodnight! All Scholars must be in their rooms in Lander Hall.