Summer Study 2017 - Saturday, July 22
Phase I: Breakfast (Lander Hall, Local Point, Ground level)
- Meet up with a group in the Lander Hall 4th Floor Lobby 7:00 and 9:00 to go down to breakfast.
At 10:00, Phase I: Meet outside in courtyard between Lander and Maple (see map) to load bus for Pacific Science Center.
Phase I: Arrive at the Pacific Science Center and explore (Seattle Center, 2nd Ave North entrance).
- Explore the Science Center in groups of 3 or more with at least one intern per group.
- MAX Movie in BOEING Theater
- Lunch (Box lunches provided at tables outside café in the center area of the second floor of the Pacific Science Center).
- Laser Show in Laser Dome.
At 4:30, Phase I: Load Bus at Pacific Science Center and return to UW (meet at the same location as you were dropped off).
Phase II: Registration and Get Back in Touch Time (Lander Hall, Garage and 4th Floor)
Phase I & II Reminder: Scholar photos will be taken immediately AFTER the barbeque dinner. Please be ready for your photo BEFORE you go to dinner.
Phase II: Introduction for Scholars and Parents (Maple Hall, Great Room) Sheryl Burgstahler, DO-IT Director , Tami Tidwell and Debra Zawada, DO-IT Program Coordinators
- Welcome - Program goals, schedule, expectations, safety, and staff introductions.
- Lander Hall rules and emergency procedures (Resident Advisor).
- Scholars re-introduce themselves and their guests and share college/employment post-high school plans.
Phase I: Arrive back to Lander Hall 4th Floor
At 5:10, Phase I: Depart Lander Hall 4th floor for Maple Hall, Great Room
Phase I & II: Dinner and Phase II Scholar Welcome (Maple Hall, Great Room and Patio)
- Mix and mingle with the Phase I and II Scholars.
At 6:30, Scholar Photos – Please be ready to have your photo taken (Maple Hall, Great Room)
- Have your picture taken for the DO-IT Snapshots yearbook.
Phase I & II: “I Scream" and KARAOKE! (Maple Hall, Patio)
- 6:30-9:00 Share your hidden talent or sing your favorite tune with fellow Scholars and a karaoke machine.
- 7:00-8:00 Create the “Ultimate Ice Cream Treat” at our DO-IT yourself sundae table.
Evening Dorm Activities
- Visiting, board games, crafts, and more (Lander 4th Floor Lounge). 4th Floor Lounge: Aspen, Emily
- Hang out in your dorm room or go to bed early to get some rest. Dorm hall duty: Chana (girls) and Grady (boys)
Flush and Brush!
- Time to finish up your evening routine and head to your room.
Goodnight! All Scholars must be in their rooms in Lander Hall.