Summer Study 2017 - Monday, July 24
Phase I & II: Breakfast (Lander Hall, Local Point, Ground level)
- Meet up with a group in the Lander Hall 4th Floor Lobby between 7:00 and 8:00 to go down to breakfast.
At 8:30, Phase I: Meet outside in courtyard between Lander and Maple (see map) to to walk to HUB, Room 145.
At 8:30, Phase II: Meet outside in courtyard between Lander and Maple (see map) to to depart for Phase II Workshop.
Phase II: Workshops
- Exploratory Neurobiology: Bugs, Mice and Brains! (Kincaid Hall, Room 248, Health Sciences T366 and Hitchcock, Biology Library 220) Martha Bosma, Associate Professor, Biology, University of Washington; Josh Swore, Lauren Hood, Nikki Hovland, Kelly Duong, Chris Vong, Undergraduate Students and Graduate Students, Neuroscience, University of Washington, Arisveydi Alvarez, Summer Intern, Heritage University
Interns: Brookelyn, Emily, Grady
Phase II: Cameron, Jayda, Kyleelynn, Naomi, Ryan, Teresa, Ziyu
- Human Centered Robotics: Teach New Tricks to an Old Robot! (CSE Lab, Room 014) Maya Cakmak, Assistant Professor, Computer Science and Engineering, University of Washington; Justin Huang, Student, Computer Science and Engineering, University of Washington
Interns: Aspen, Hailey, Laszlo
Phase II: Adrian, Jack, Jarrod, Micayla, Rochelle, Serena, Takashi– bring your laptops
Phase I: Web Design and Development (HUB, Room 145) Terrill Thompson, DO-IT Technology Specialist
- Be part of the DO-IT webdev team! Collaborate with other Phase I Scholars to design and build the 2017 DO-IT Summer Study website in this five-part workshop.
Phase I: Grab a snack and travel to Seismology Lab (HUB, Room 145)
Phase I: Shake, Rattle, and ROLL! at the Seismology Lab (Atmospheric Sciences – Geophysics Building, Room 146) Doug Gibbons, University of Washington Earth and Space Sciences – Pacific Northwest Seismic Network
- Ever wondered how earthquakes are measured? Rumble on in and let’s find out.
Phase I & II: Lunch (HUB, Husky Den, Lower Level)
- Have lunch with fellow Scholars in the Husky Den.
- Computer lab is open from 12:00-1:30 in HUB 145. Great time to work on newsletter article, accessibility review, evaluations, check email or just hang out in the lab.
Phase II: Open Computer Lab to turn in Phase II Project & Resume (Optional) (HUB, Room 145)
- If you need to polish up your resume or put the finishing touches on your Phase II project, now's the time!
Phase I & II: We Did It, So Can You! (Snack Break around 2:45) (HUB, Room 250)
- Phase II Projects are presented.
Phase I & II: Staying Connected (HUB, Room 250) Sheryl Burgstahler, DO-IT Program Director and Tami Tidwell, DO-IT Program Coodinator
- Check-in and chat about DO-IT workshops, assignments, daily events, Phase II, Ambassadors, internships, and question and answer.
Phase I & II: Dinner (Lander Hall, Local Point, Ground level)
At 7:00, Phase I & II: Meet outside in courtyard between Lander and Maple (see map) to depart for the Tour de UW.
Phase I & II: Tour de UW (Parking Lot W-10 near Lander and Maple!)
- Feel the wind rushing through your eyelashes! Find your adventurous soul.
- We have the bicycle for you – modified to fit your every need by Outdoors For All!
Evening Dorm Activities
- Visiting, board games, crafts, and more (Lander 4th Floor Lounge). 4th Floor Lounge: Aspen and Katelyn
- Hang out in your dorm room or go to bed early to get some rest. Dorm hall duty: Brookelyn (girls) and Jonah (boys)
Flush and Brush!
- Time to finish up your evening routine and head to your room.
Goodnight! All Scholars must be in their rooms in Lander Hall.