Summer Study 2013 - Tuesday, July 23
- Meet up with a group in the McCarty Hall Main Entrance Lobby between 7:00 and 8:00 to go down to breakfast.
Phase I & II: Breakfast (McMahon Hall Cafeteria, Down to Dining Level)
Phase I: Meet in McMahon Hall Main Entrance Lobby (3rd Floor) to walk to HUB, Room 145.
- Collaborate with other Phase I Scholars to create the 2013 Scholar web pages.
Phase I: Web Design (HUB, Room 145) Terry Thompson, DO-IT Technology Specialist
Phase I: Snack Break (HUB, Room 145)
- Play with every day items in accessible microscopes.
Phase I: EXO Labs (HUB, Room 145) Jeff Shaver, EXO Labs
- Visiting with friends over lunch.
Phase I & II: Lunch (HUB, Husky Den, Lower Level)
- Phase II Projects are presented.
Phase I & II: We Did It, So Can You! (HUB, Rooms 145 and 175)
Phase I & II: Snack Break (HUB, Room 145)
- Talk to your fellow Scholars and Mentors about helpful accommodations and how to get them in college and beyond.
Phase I & II: College Life- What Helps and Where to Find It (HUB, Room 145) Tami Tidwell, DO-IT Program Coordinator
- Check-in and chat about DO-IT workshops, assignments, daily events, Phase II, Ambassadors, internships, and question and answer.
Phase I & II: Staying Connected (HUB, Room 145) Sheryl Burgstahler, DO-IT Program Director
Phase I & II: Dinner (McMahon Hall Cafeteria, Down to Dining Level, Ground Floor)
Phase I & II: Meet in front of McMahon Hall to depart for the Career Panel and Trailblazer Awards.
- Meet DO-IT Mentors and special guests.
- Ask questions and learn more about what it takes to be successful in school and on the job from professionals with disabilities in a variety of career fields.
Phase I & II: DO-IT Mentoring and Career Panel (HUB, Lyceum Room) Sheryl Burgstahler, DO-IT Program Director
- Outdoor sports activities (Meet in McCarty Hall Main Entrance Lobby, 3rd Floor, Lobby Level to go to Denny Field outside across from McCarty Hall).
- Visiting, board games, crafts, & more (McCarty Hall Lobby or Lounges)
- Relax in your room to store up entergy for another busy day tomorrow.
Evening Dorm Activities/Go To Bed
Goodnight! All Scholars must be in their rooms in McCarty Hall.