Summer Study 2013 - Monday, July 22
- Meet up with a group in the McCarty Hall Main Entrance Lobby between 7:00 and 8:00 to go down to breakfast.
Phase I & II: Breakfast (McMahon Hall Cafeteria, Down to Dining Level)
Phase I: Meet outside McMahon Hall Main Entrance Lobby (3rd Floor) to walk to HUB, Room 145.
- Collaborate with other Phase I Scholars to create the 2013 Scholar web pages.
Phase I: Web Design (HUB, Room 145) Terry Thompson, DO-IT Technology Specialist
Phase I: Snack Break (HUB, Room 145)
- Computer users beware! Learn strategies for maintaining and protecting your computer-anti-virus software and upgrades, downloading precautions, tips for staying safe online, and more!
- Explore accessibility features built into your laptop that you heard about on our Microsoft field trip.
Phase I: Web Search, Red Alert and Accessible Tech Options (HUB, Room 145) Doug Hayman, DO-IT Technology Specialist
- Visiting with friends over lunch
Phase I & II: Lunch (HUB, Husky Den, Lower Level)
- View Video: Building the Team: Faculty and Students with Disabilities.
- Meet professors and participate in a role-playing exercise.
Phase I: You Can DO-IT: Articulating Your Needs and Communicating with Faculty (HUB, Room 250) Sheryl Burgstahler, DO-IT Director
Phase I and II: Snack Break (HUB, Room 145)
- Explore the field of electrical engineering.
Phase I: Vid2Speech: Video-based communication for children with autism (HUB, Room 250) Eve Riskin, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, University of Washington, Electrical Engineering and Katie O'Leary, PhD Student, Information School
Phase I and II: Dinner (McMahon Hall Cafeteria, Down to Dining Level)
Phase I & II: Meet in front of McMahon Hall to depart for the Tour de UW.
- Feel the wind rushing through your eyelashes! Find your adventurous soul.
- We have the bicycle for you- modified to fit your every need by Outdoors For All!
Phase I & II: Tour de UW (Parking Lot C-10 near Anderson Hall)
- Outdoor sports activities (Meet in McCarty Hall Main Entrance Lobby, 3rd Floor, Lobby Level to go to Denny Field outside across from McCarty Hall).
- Visiting, board games, crafts, & more (McCarty Hall Lobby or Lounges)
- Relax in your room to store up entergy for another busy day tomorrow.
Evening Dorm Activities/Go To Bed
- Time to finish up your evening routine and head to your room.
Flush and Brush!
Goodnight! All Scholars must be in their rooms in McCarty Hall.