Summer Study 2011 - Wednesday, July 20
Breakfast (McMahon Hall Cafeteria, Down to Dining Level, Ground Floor)
Phase II Germ Forensics! Workshop Group: Meet in McCarty Entrance Lobby (3rd Floor, Lobby Level) to depart for SBRI field trip.
Phase II: Meet in McCarty Entrance Lobby (3rd Floor, Lobby Level) to depart for Phase II Workshops.
Phase II Workshops:
- Germ Forensics! (Meet at McCarty Hall at 8:15 to board bus for field trip) Beth Solan, SBRI BioQuest Instructor
* out on FIELD TRIP TO SBRI: Bring laptop and put laptops in Johnson 111 at end of workshop.
- Lights. Camera. ACTION! DX Arts Creative Video Lab (Raitt Hall, Room 129) Tivon Rice, Teaching Assistant, Digital Arts and Experimental Media, University of Washington
- Exploratory Neurobiology: Bugs, Mice and Brains! (Kincaid Hall, Room 248) Martha Bosma, Associate Professor, Biology, University of Washington
Phase I: Web Design (Johnson Hall, Room 111) Terry Thompson, DO-IT Technology Specialist
- Collaborate with other Phase I Scholars to create the 2011 Scholar web pages.
Phase I & II: Lunch (By George, Odegaard Undergraduate Library, Lower Level)
Phase I & II: We Did It, So Can You! (Johnson Hall, Rooms 111 and 175)
- Phase II Projects are presented.
Phase I & II: Snack Break (Outside Odegaard, Room 220)
Phase I & II: Scholarship Secrets (Odegaard, Room 220) Luke Allpress, Scholarship Junkies
- Learn about real-life cost of attending college and tips on how to pay for it.
Phase I and II: Staying Connected (Odegaard, Room 220) Sheryl Burgstahler, DO-IT Program Director
- Check-in and chat about DO-IT workshops, assignments, daily events, Phase II, Ambassadors, internships, and questions and answer.
Phase I & II: Break
- Hang out in the quad or go back to the dorm for a bit. Be sure a staff or intern is in your group.
Phase I & II: If you went back to the dorm during the break, meet by 5:45 in front of McCarty Hall to depart for Kane Hall.
Phase I & II: Dinner and MESA Activity (Kane Hall, Walker Ames Room)
- Work in groups to assess the accessibility of MESA materials.
Phase I & II: DO-IT Mentoring and Career Panel and Trailblazer Awards (Kane Hall, Walker Ames Room)
- Meet DO-IT Mentors and special guests.
- Learn more about what it takes to be successful in school and on the job from professionals with disabilities in a variety of career fields.
Evening Dorm Activities / Go To Bed
- Outdoor sports activities (Meet in McCarty Hall Main Entrance Lobby, 3rd Floor, Lobby Level to go to Denny Field outside across from McCarty Hall).
- Visiting, board games, crafts & more (McCarty Hall Main Entrance Lobby or McCarty Library).
- Relax in your room to store up energy for another busy day tomorrow.
Flush and Brush!
- Time to finish up your evening routine and head to your room.
Goodnight! All Scholars must be in their rooms in McCarty Hall.