Summer Study 2011 - Thursday, July 21
Breakfast (McMahon Hall Cafeteria, Down to Dining Level, Ground Floor)
Phase II: Meet in McCarty Entrance Lobby (3rd Floor, Lobby Level) to depart for Phase II Workshops.
Phase I: You Can DO-IT: Articulating Your Needs and Communicating with Faculty (McMahon Hall, Pompeii Room) Sheryl Burgstahler, DO-IT Program Director
- View video: Building the Team: Faculty and Students with Disabilities
- Meet professors and participate in a role-playing exercise.
Phase II Workshops:
- Germ Forensics! (Hitchcock Hall, Room 343) Beth Solan, SBRI BioQuest Instructor
Bring laptop and put laptops in Johnson 111 at end of workshop.
- Lights. Camera. ACTION! DX Arts Creative Video Lab (Raitt Hall, Room 129) Tivon Rice, Teaching Assistant, Digital Arts and Experimental Media, University of Washington
- Exploratory Neurobiology: Bugs, Mice and Brains! (Kincaid Hall, Room 248) Martha Bosma, Associate Professor, Biology, University of Washington
Phase I: Snack Break (outside Johnson Hall, Room 111)
Phase I: Web Design (Johnson Hall, Room 111) Terry Thompson, DO-IT Technology Specialist
- Collaborate with other Phase I Scholars to create the 2011 Scholar web pages.
Phase I & II: Lunch (By George, Odegaard Undergraduate Library, Lower Level)
Phase I & II: The Center for Neurotechnology National Science Foundation Engineering Research Center (Odegaard, Room 220) Eric Chudler, Ph.D., UWEB Director of Education and Outreach, Bioengineering and Tom Daniel, Komen Endowed Chair, Department of Biology, University of Washington
- Presentations and discussion about emerging neural-inspired sensorimotor technology and science with members of the Center for Neurotechnology.
Phase I Snack Break (outside Johnson Hall, Room 111)
Phase II: Snack Break (outside Odegaard, Room 220)
Phase I: Writing for Success (Johnson Hall, Room 111) Brianna Blaser, DO-IT Program Coordinator
- Get in touch with your networking side.
Phase II: You Can DO-IT! Practicing Your Interviewing Skills (Odegaard, Room 220) Tami Tidwell, DO-IT Program Coordinators
- Get first-hand experience practicing your interviewing skills with representatives from local companies and organizations.
Phase I: Staying Connected (Johnson Hall, Room 111) Sheryl Burgstahler, DO-IT Program Director
- Check-in and chat about DO-IT workshops, assignments, daily events, Phase II, Ambassadors, internships, and questions and answer.
Phase I & II: Meet in McCarty Hall Main Entrance Lobby to depart for Mary Gates Hall for Dance
Phase I & II: Dinner (Mary Gates Hall, Commons)
Phase I & II: DO-IT Dance (Mary Gates Hall, Commons)
- Celebrate your Summer Study successes including new DO-IT friends.
- Dance the night away with Scholars, Ambassadors, Mentors, and other DO-IT community members.
Depart Mary Gates Hall to return to McCarty Hall
Flush and Brush!
- Time to finish up your evening routine and head to your room.
Goodnight! All Scholars must be in their rooms in McCarty Hall.