Summer Study 2009 - Wednesday, July 15
Breakfast (McMahon Hall Cafeteria, Down to Dining Level, Ground Floor)
- Depart McCarty Hall Main Entrance Lobby between 7:00 and 8:00.
Computer Lab/Email Set-up (HUB Room 108, 1st Floor) Doug Hayman, DO-IT Technology Specialist and Sheryl Burgstahler, DO-IT Director
- View video Computer Access: In Our Own Words. Watch closely for DO-IT Ambassadors you want to get to know and for ideas for a new video that you can help design with your lunch bunch today.
- Get "connected" with your fellow Scholars, Ambassadors and Mentors. Send an email message to at least one current Scholar, one Phase II Scholar, one Ambassador, and one Mentor.
Snack Break (Outside HUB Room 108, 1st Floor)
Red Alert! Computer Hoaxes, Anti-virus Programs, Firewalls, and Online Safety (HUB Room 108, 1st Floor) Doug Hayman, DO-IT Technology Specialist
- Computer users beware! Learn strategies for maintaining and protecting your computer–anti-virus software and upgrades, downloading precautions, tips for staying safe online and more!
Connect With Your Lunch Bunch
Lunch with Video Planning Groups (HUB Food Court, Ground Floor)
- Work with Scholars who have disabilities similar to your own to design a video.
Enter the World of Accessible Engineering (HUB Room 106B, 1st Floor) Karen Braitmayer, FAIA
- Explore accessible design around campus.
- Become an entry expert!
Snack Break (Outside HUB Room 106B, 1st Floor)
Taking Charge! (HUB Room 106B, 1st Floor) ) Noah Seidel and Kayla Brown, DO-IT Program Interns and Debra Zawada, DO-IT Program Coordinator
- Self-determination: goal setting, self-advocacy, and other strategies for success.
- View video Taking Charge: Stories of Success and Self-Determination.
Open Computer Lab (HUB Room 108, 1st Floor)
Dinner (McMahon Hall Cafeteria, Down to Dining Level, Ground Floor)
It Takes A Village
- Meet in front of McMahon Hall to depart for University Village in groups.
- Hang out at the U-Village outdoor mall. Travel in groups of 3 or more, each with an intern or staff member.
- Pick up a treat with your Starbucks card!
Meet in front of Ravenna Gardens to return from U-Village to campus. Riders who want to ride back to the dorm in the van, meet at Ravenna Gardens.
Evening Dorm Activities
- Outdoor sports activities (Meet in McCarty Hall Main Entrance Lobby, 3rd Floor, Lobby Level to go to Denny Field outside across from McCarty Hall).
- Visiting, board games, crafts & more (McCarty Hall Main Entrance Lobby or McCarty Library).
- Relax in your room to store up energy for another busy day tomorrow.
Flush and Brush!
- Time to finish up your evening routine and head to your room.
Goodnight! All Scholars must be in their rooms in McCarty Hall.