Summer Study 2004 - Saturday, August 7
Breakfast (McMahon Hall Cafeteria, Ground Floor, Dining Level)
Meet in McCarty Hall Main Entrance Lobby (3rd Floor) to load bus for Pacific Science Center.
Arrive Pacific Science Center and Tour Exhibits (Downtown Seattle, 2nd Ave North entrance).
- Visit exhibits and shows in groups of three or more.
Lunch (Box lunches provided at tables outside cafe in the center area of the second floor of the Pacific Science Center).
More exploration of the Pacific Science Center
IMAX Theater: Bugs 3-D
- Meet at the entrance to the Boeing IMAX Theater at 2:00 for 2:15 show.
- View a 3-D adventure that explores a bug's eye-view of the fascinating universe of insects magnified up to 250,000 times their normal size.
Phase II: Registration and Get Back in Touch Time (McCarty Hall Main Lounge, 3rd Floor, Lobby Level)
Phase II: Introduction for Scholars and Parents (Haggett Hall Lounge, Plaza Level) Sheryl Burgstahler, DO-IT Director and Sara Lopez, DO-IT Program Manager
- Welcome - Program goals, schedule, expectations, safety, staff introductions.
- McCarty Hall rules and emergency procedures (Resident Advisor).
- Scholars re-introduce themselves & guests and share college/employment post-high school plans.
Depart Pacific Science Center to load bus and return to UW.
BBQ Dinner and Phase II Scholar Welcome (Haggett Hall Patio, Plaza Level)
- Mix and mingle with the Phase II Scholars.
Night out at the University Village
- Meet in Haggett Hall Lounge to depart for U-Village. Travel in groups of 3 or more with an intern or staff member.
- Hang out at the U-Village outdoor mall.
- Meet for snacks at the playground between 8:00 and 8:30.
Evening Dorm Activities
- Outdoor sports activities (Meet in McCarty Hall Main Entrance Lounge, 3rd Floor, Lobby Level to go to Denny Field outside across from McCarty Hall).
- Visiting, board games, video games, crafts & more (McCarty Hall Main Entrance Lounge or McCarty Library).
- Relax in your room to store up energy for another busy day tomorrow.
Flush and Brush!
- Time to finish up your evening routine and head to your room by 12:00.
Goodnight! All Scholars must be in their rooms in McCarty Hall.