Summer Study 2004 - Friday, August 6
Breakfast (McMahon Hall Cafeteria, Ground Floor, Dining Level)
- Depart McCarty Hall Main Entrance Lobby between 7:00 and 8:00.
Meet in McCarty Hall Main Entrance Lobby to load bus for Microsoft visit.
Microsoft 101 (Microsoft Studios, 4400 148th Avenue NE Redmond, WA)
- Learn about careers in computer-related fields and disability-related accommodations provided at Microsoft.
Lunch at Microsoft!
- Join Microsoft employees for lunch and learn more about the types of positions found at technology companies.
Tour Microsoft Studios and Museum.
Meet outside Microsoft Museum to load buses and return to University of Washington.
Snack Break (McCarty Hall Library, 3rd Floor)
Work-based Learning Experiences: A Key to Successful Career Preparation (McCarty Hall Library, 3rd Floor) Tami Tidwell, DO-IT Program Coordinator
- View video "Learn and Earn: Tips for Teens."
- Explore your career interests and the value of gaining work experiences before choosing a major and graduating from college.
Dinner (McMahon Hall Cafeteria, Ground Floor, Dining Level)
Meet in McCarty Hall Main Entrance Lobby (3rd Floor) to depart for the UW Planetarium.
Stars, Planets and Other Intergalactic Wonders! (Auditorium/Physics Astronomy Building A, 2nd Floor) Mark Claire, Astronomy Graduate Student
- Explore the night sky and our Solar System. Review current events from the Mars rovers and the Cassini spacecraft that orbited around Saturn in late June.
Evening Dorm Activities
- Movie Festival with popcorn! (McCarty Hall Library, 3rd Floor).
- Outdoor sports activities (Meet in McCarty Hall Main Entrance Lounge, 3rd Floor, Lobby Level to go to Denny Field outside across from McCarty Hall).
- Visiting, board games, video games, crafts & more (McCarty Hall Main Entrance Lounge or McCarty Library).
- Relax in your room to store up energy for another busy day tomorrow.
Flush and Brush!
Time to finish up your evening routine and head to your room by 12:00.
Goodnight! All Scholars must be in their rooms in McCarty Hall.