Summer Study 2003 - Thursday, August 7
Breakfast (McMahon Hall Cafeteria, Ground Floor, Dining Level)
Open Computer Lab (HUB Room 106B, 1st Floor)
Phase II Meet in McCarty Entrance Lobby (3rd Floor, Lobby Level) to depart for Phase II Workshops.
Phase II Workshops:
- The Game of Life and Image Processing (Sieg Hall 228) Richard Ladner, Professor, Computer Science Professor, University of Washington
- Human Interface Technology Lab (Ocean Sciences Room 111) Bruce Campbell, Human Interface Technology Lab, University of Washington
- World Wide Access (LUTE Lab, Engineering Library) Wendy Chisholm. World Wide Web Consortium, Accessibility Specialist
- As the World Turns (Academic Computing Center (ACC) Room 044) Deb Schmitt, Science and Math Instructor, South Kitasp School District
The SNOW POD and other Engineering Wonders! (HUB Room 106B, 1st Floor) Dr. Peter Rieke, Mobility Engineering Inc.
- Explore adaptive sports and recreation equipment from the other side-design and development.
- Think about how to take your ideas and make them happen!
Snack Break (Outside HUB 106B, 1st Floor)
Web Search Strategies and Critical Thinking (HUB Room 106B, 1st Floor) Doug Hayman, DO-IT Technology Specialist.
- Become "informed" consumers on the information superhighway.
Lunch (HUB Food Court, HUB, Ground Floor)
- Visiting(outside HUB 1st Floor)
- Open Computer Lab (HUB Room 106B, 1st Floor)
Phase II: Planning for College: Part II (HUB Room 200ABC, 2nd Floor) Scott Bellman, DO-IT Project Coordinator/Counselor
- Refine the skills and strategies you need to plan a successful transition to college.
Web Portfolio Computer Lab: College: You Can DO-IT (HUB Room 106B, 1st Floor) Tracy Jirikowic, DO-IT Program Coordinator/Counselor
- Learn strategies to search for and explore the college program that suits you.
Phase II: Snack Break (HUB 200ABC, 2nd Floor)
Snack Break (Outside HUB Room 106B, 1st Floor)
Phase II: Practicing Your Interviewing Skills (HUB 200ABC, 2nd Floor) Michael Richardson, DO-IT Project Coordinator/Counselor
- Get first hand experience practicing your interviewing skills with representatives from local companies and organizations.
You Can DO-IT: Articulating Your Needs and Communicating with Faculty (HUB Room 310, 3rd Floor) Sheryl Burgstahler, DO-IT Director
- View video "Building the Team: Faculty and Students with Disabilities"
- Meet UW professors and participate in a role playing exercise.
Meet in McCarty Hall Main Entrance Lobby to depart for Gould Hall
BBQ Dinner (Gould Hall, 3949 15th Ave. NE: 1st Floor, enter on University Way)
DO-IT Dance (Gould Hall, 3949 15th Ave. NE: 1st Floor, enter on University Way)
Depart Gould to return to McCarty Hall
Goodnight! All Scholars must be in their rooms at McCarty Hall.