Summer Study 2001 - Wednesday, August 1
Depart Terry Hall Main Entrance Lobby
Breakfast (By George Cafeteria, Odegaard Undergraduate Library (OUGL), Ground Floor)
Computer Lab/Email Set-up (OUGL Collab2, 1st Floor)
- Arrive at the Lab no later than 9:30.
- Get "connected" with fellow Scholars and Mentors.
Snack Break (Outside OUGL Main Entrance, 1st Floor)
DO-IT with Computers (OUGL Collab2, 1st Floor)
Doug Hayman, DO-IT Technology Specialist
- Scholars demonstrate the way cool technology they use.
- View video: Working Together: People with Disabilities and Computer Technology.
Welcome (OUGL Collab2, 1st Floor)
Sheryl Burgstahler, DO-IT Director
- Schedule, rules, evaluations, Q & A, video and newsletter projects.
Lunch with Video Planning Groups (By George Cafeteria, OUGL, Ground Floor)
- Open Computer Lab (OUGL Collab2, 1st Floor)
- Visiting (outside OUGL Main Entrance, 1st Floor)
Let's DO-IT Together! (OUGL Room 220, 2nd Floor),
Kurt Sahl, UW College of Education, Graduate Student
- Hone your group work skills as a learning strategy in science.
Snack Break (OUGL Room 220, 2nd Floor)
Planning for College (OUGL Room 220, 2nd Floor)
Dyane Haynes, UW Disabled Student Services Director
- Get ready to go to college and learn how to get the accommodations you need.
- View video: College: You Can DO-IT.
Depart OUGL between 5:00 and 6:00
Optional Computer Lab (OUGL Collab2, 1st Floor)
Dinner (Terry Hall Cafeteria, 1st Floor)
Craft Fest! (Meet in Terry Hall Main Lounge, Ground Floor)
- Explore your artistic talents and make something cool to take home!
Evening Dorm Activities
- Outdoor sports activities take place on Lander Hall sport court and/or lawn outside of Terry Hall Main Lounge (Meet in Terry Hall Lounge, Ground Floor)
- Pool, foosball, and board games (Terry Hall Game Room, Ground Floor)
- Computer simulations and games (Terry Hall Room T-3, Ground Floor)
- Visiting (Terry Hall Main Lounge and Lawn on ground floor; or Small Lounge between Floors 2 and 3)
Goodnight! All Scholars must be in their rooms in Terry Hall.