Communities of Practice
Populated with individuals who work at NSF-funded ERCs across the United States, members of the ERC Community of Practice (CoP) hosted by AccessERC
- discuss how to recruit participants with disabilities and accommodate them in their programs and activities;
- recruit their student participants with disabilities into disability-related e-mentoring, internships, and workshops to complement their activities;
- discuss the implementation of universal design to make facilities, products, and activities more welcoming and accessible to individuals with disabilities;
- discuss best practices and resources identified at capacity-building institutes; and
- share promising practices and lessons learned, as well as ideas about seed grants and new initiatives.
ERC associates can join the AccessERC CoP by sending the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- postal address
- email address
- name of the CoP
For information about other CoPs hosted by DO-IT, consult www.uw.edu/doit/resources/communities-practice.